My new baby

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe get her a new Catnip-fill toy, put some catnip in it, scrunch it around in your hands and lay the toy in her spot or anywhere on near it. She will most likely start a love affair with that toy. Not play like you're wanting to see, but it really is a joy to watch them cuddle up to a soft catnip-filled plush toy.

How old is she? I really don't know when the hunting instinct kicks in. I haven't had kittens in decades, so don't recall when I noticed them learning to play. Maybe she just needs to feel more content with exploration before she starts feeling safe enough to play.

She might be a bit young to react to catnip - most cats don't really start getting an effect from it until someone after 6 months.

Ok guys. I got the Feliway yesterday and promptly plugged it in when I got home from work (5pm-ish). This stuff is incredible!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I can't say that Betty is completely great, but they did sleep in my bed last night (again, one at my feet and the little one tucked in her fort)...no hissing at all.

Tonight I fed them treats together. It was amazing to see them eating them together with no stress.

I have been watching tv all night on the sofa in the living room. I don't know if Chloe has ever left the bedroom before... voluntarily anyway. She sat with me all night and climbed all over me and the computer. She started playing with her little mouse and jumped all over the cat condo/tower. Right now she's out and about exploring all the rooms. Even if Betty hisses at her, it doesn't seem to affect her at all LOL. Every once in a while she jumps back up to "check in" with me, then dives off again to wander around. Such a different kitty from yesterday to today. She's acting like a normal kitten.

She also sits like a human on the sofa. She is the chillest little kitty. I'm so glad she is coming out of her shell, and it is all thanks to the Feliway seriously...in less than 24 hours!! I almost took her to the vet to see if something was wrong with her. Kittens should be full of energy. She never left the bed.

I was going to get another plugin, but I'm not sure I need to. Right now it's in the bedroom. I was going to put a second one in the living room. My house is not that big, plus I think she just needed to be brought out of her shell. I think theres no turning back now LOL.

IMG_3443.jpeg

Shes my second tuxedo. My older Bad Betty is my profile
I know! I always thought you had great taste in having one tuxedo cat. My SIL had two of them, they were brothers and those cats were huge. Standing on four feet their heads came up to my mid thigh range. I know I am short at 5'1", but those cats were still huge. And standing on their back feet, they could head butt my chin. I adored those boys.

I know! I always thought you had great taste in having one tuxedo cat. My SIL had two of them, they were brothers and those cats were huge. Standing on four feet their heads came up to my mid thigh range. I know I am short at 5'1", but those cats were still huge. And standing on their back feet, they could head butt my chin. I adored those boys.
Well Betty was a tiny little cat until I got her fixed as an adult...well almost an adult, she was three. But it made her gain weight something horrible. This little kitty was fixed as a youngin, so hopefully she will stay a little...smaller LOL. But neither are huge like that. Little Chloe has super long legs though, but I still don't think she will get as big as your SIL's cats...

Also, it's nothing short of amazing how their personalities can change with adulthood. Give the sweet baby time.

Also, it's nothing short of amazing how their personalities can change with adulthood. Give the sweet baby time.
I think it is safe to say that she is out of her shell LOL. She's NUTS lol.

She also does everything the big cat does. Just simply mimics her every move. Its is the cutest thing. Betty will meow at me as I'm getting food out for them, then Chloe starts meowing. Betty scratches the post, then she will run over and scratch.

They both sleep with me at night. Fun (not fun) thing Betty does in the middle of the night is jump over me but uses me as a springboard. She has to jump on me every.single.time to get to the other side of me while I am sleeping. Now the little one does the same thing. She just watches the big cat and sits like her and grooms like her.

Glad that fat Betty doesn't mimic the kitten, or else my tv would crash down off of the table LOL

tv cat.jpg

You have no clue LOL. The baby was in Bettys covered litter box and Betty was standing outside just hissing hissing hissing. The the kitten jumps out...all four paws out, dive bombing betty. Betty didn't know what happened and just took off and ran, and the kitty chased her LOL.

I think she was pretending to be shy. SHE IS NOT SHY LOL. Maybe she was a little discombobulated when she moved in...she is settled in very well.

Back