My new (and embarrassing) obsession...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, I still cringe when I think of my orange-colored soap scented with Forest Mountain. It confused everyone.

I am not OCD but I do have some symptoms. Straight books on the shelves. I hate when my hubby moves anything around. Washing hands; one of the reason I started to make my own soaps , My own soaps plus hand cream (my production of course) stopped cracking skin. I have a theory; most creative people have some symptoms of OCD, Creativity is about putting staff in order is it not?
Maybe first look at this does not say it all, but just think about it. Soap is organized, cut cured, I like Shunt have the same colors but for me is in three's :))

Yeah, I totally understand too. :)
I just can't have, let say, pink soap that smells like something clean/fresh, uh uh. It has to be floral. Green or blue is always herby, fresh scents. Brown, yellow belong in warm, honey, vanilla scents.

On the OCD, I've never been diagnosed, but I think I have it, let's see:
Excess cleaning around the house and it has to be done on the same day, i.e. if I mop on Tuesday, I will mop again next Tuesday.
Excess hand washing, it's a good thing since I'm a nurse, although I get strange looks sometimes. Hand hygiene compliance at hospitals it's not that great these days, many should work on it more.
Everything needs to be in order, lined up to the edges of the furniture and NOT to be moved under any circumstances until I say SO.
Excess checking of light switches, powerpoint switches, gas stove nobs. Today I went back 3 times into the house to check if my stove is really OFF and that all the nobs are lined to 0 (sigh). Try that as an inconvenience especially if I'm trying to be somewhere on time. It's embarrassing, even though my family knows, I still try and cover it up as in saying something like "oh I forgot my this" and "I forgot that" blah blah... but they know. Good thing is they understand and don't make fun of me anymore.

I think that is fairly normal for us crazy soapers. Natures Garden has scents by color (if you look under Green they will have leafy, earthy scents and so on) and several sellers suggest colors to pair with their scents.
Don't worry if you are crazy you are in good company here, it's a good crazy.
I Have to mix my batter and colors on a certain counter and pour it in the mold on another. I don,t know why, but I think something is going happen to my soap if I mix and pour on the counter. Yep I have lost my mind.

I guess I am lucky here. I started worrying about matching soaps and colors, and told my bf I could not come up with a color scheme for a soap. He challenged me to do a couple of soaps with colors that are unexpected or do not seem to 'match' So I did, and now I just go with a color scheme that looks good, but don't worry about what I think the scent colors should be.

I am sure this will throw many of you into panic attacks - but I am really glad I have the freedom to create what I think looks good. :D

Back