My new 1 pound T&S mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Silicone would be easier (hint to suppliers), but this will do for now. Thanks for the idea, IL!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, glad to see that someone actually made one of these! That's awesome!

Wish I could do this with my daughters legos, but they're the big bulky ones and aren't as snug fitting as regular legos (and shes two and would probably throw a complete fit if I touched her legos, haha).

Looks great newbie, both the soap and lego mold! Is it wrong to wish I had some kiddos just to steal their legos? And if the suppliers continue to ignore your hints about a 1lb tall skinny mold, I say fabricate it yourself. Couldn't you drop a smaller rectangular form inside the lego shell and pour silicone over the top essentially creating your own liner?

Wow that is so cool! Would it be wrong to go out and buy lego:-D? Also I love the swirls you've created.

Excellent job Newbie! I've been planning to get out the lego bin and give this a try. Please let us know how it was to unmold (did you put anything on the inside?)

Believe it or not, I bought my own legos. My son would have a complete conniption if I broke up a set to do this. I bought a random 750 piece bag from a seller on ebay. I got SO MANY flat and specialty pieces and not too many regular bricks so it took a while to piece this together. It's holding so far!

I coated the inside with mineral oil, to be safe, and some oozed out along the bottom. I can see just a little bit of black batter along the bottom but nothing like a major breach.

I thought about making my own mold but I really like not using a wooden box. I love the stand-alone silicone molds because if you don't want to gel, it's much easier to control. A homemade silicone mold (stand-alone, non-liner) would have to have the ribs and reinforcements and I don't really know how to do that properly.

I am hoping Carrie from Nurture hears my plea!!!

Soap is in gel and out from under the covers to cool on the counter. I had two little bumps inside to tell me where 4 inches in height is, so when I unmold, I will take off the bottom/platform and push it out from the top so I don't get gouges from the bumps. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Yep, that is exactly the kind I want but in T&S shape, 4-5 bars. I don't know why there isn't one out there already.

Well, it was a pain to unmold, but I am very happy with my soap.

I get loads of streaking when I'm at the bottom of the box of tallow, but it works well in this soap.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Based on the cost of my kids' LEGO, this mold only cost about 5x what a professionally made one would cost? :)

Fun DIY idea, and I really like how the soap colors turned out!

Tip I read someplace: Put the legos in pillow case or a lingerie bag and wash them in your washing machine.

What a cool idea! The only flaw is the bottom of the mold. Maybe get a piece of quilting mylar, cut it to fit, and lay on the bottom?

I would also love a 1 lb TS mold. And I also really want a log mold that makes squares! I use my TS mold to make small squares sometimes, but I want to make regular-sized squares. For what I have in mind, I don't want a column mold.

Latest posts

Back