My mother

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

:roll:
My mother :roll:

Why is she pissing on my parade?

I am having issues with bills this month, and some of my bills went up due to recission.. rent, utilities, gas etc..
So.. I was a little short...

She had the nerve to tell me..

YOU NEED TO SELL EVERYTHING IN YOUR BUSINESS AND CLOSE IT SINCE YOU DIDNT MAKE A PROFIT!

Ummm..
I opened on Oct 1, 2007.. It hasnt been 2 months yet.. What business do you know that makes a profit in that short amount of time! :roll:

Thats the last time I ask her for anything.. let alone ask her for help with my business!

I swear.. sometimes... parents suck!

Being a mother with grown children and a business owner doing the same thing you do, I can see both sides. However, I see the business owner side more. I have had a retail shop for about 3 years now. Me and dh still have to work a second job because our store does not consistently make enough to live on but it is slowly turning around. These things take time. You hang in there and don't let your Mom get to you. She honestly does have your best interest at heart but might not understand the passion we feel for what we do and the time it takes to build it up.

(((HUGGS)))) to you Shannan. Been there, done that, but I have built 2 successful businesses now. Not easy!

Paul... :wink:

I have been there with my mom, too. :roll: I have noticed that she has been critical of me at times. Of course, I take it personally (who wouldn't). I use to try to "live up" to her standards. Then, one day, I noticed how she ADMIRED this girl I knew who (DIDN'T live up to her standards at all), but did WHAT she wanted, WHEN!! It was this element of confidence and boldness that I came to realize that my mom admired. I came across as apologetic, (probably wimpy) whereas this girl was viewed as someone exciting and interesting, bc she had conviction in what her life was all about - probably unlike my mom, too. Get the picture? Morale is: It's better to make your own mistakes, then live someone elses for you. Rarely does life give a guarantee, let alone a second chance at a dream.

My mom bought me soap after I made her some and gave to her...

"So you can look at that and try to improve".

:shock: :cry:

She didn't like the fact that my soap was dark brown from the melted chocolate I had put in, never mind that it is WAY better than that chemical-laden stuff she bought me is.

Latest posts

Back