my most recent soaps.

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

skayc1

Reaction score
I had a hard time removing this from the mold, it was 27 hours after i had poured it, next time I'll freeze the 1 lb mold for 2 hours before attempting to unmold.

This was easy to unmold despite only being 25 hours after the pour & having half an ounce of baby oil in the batter for a 2 lb mold. Is lavender. The baby oil does not saponify & is part of the superfatting.

Same lavender, flexible molds was super easy to unmold-

The mold for this soap is not very flexible despite also being silicone- I made a mess of it trying to unmold it the first time, I had to smooth out the soap, clean out the mold, put the soap back in the mold & freeze it for two hours. Next time I use this mold I'll freeze it for two hours first.

jules92207

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
They are all gorgeous. Sorry the one is hard to unmold. Maybe waiting a little longer to unmold might help, or freezing it too. Still looks great though!

nsmar4211

Reaction score
LOVE the colors in the first one! My favorites :)

That last mold, where is that from? I've been eyeing one that looks similar but I wasn't sure how well it would unmold...

not_ally

Reaction score
All very pretty, espec. the floral one. Is that a CP/MP mix, the flowers are so translucent? I don't even usually like floral-ish things, but I do really like those!

nsmar4211

Reaction score
Ok then that's the mold I was eying. Good to know it's hard to unmold...

skayc1

Reaction score
it's all CP, I do not do M&P...I do try to gell my soaps, & like to leave part of the design uncolored to give a 'Transparent look with the gell'. I place a plastic bowl over the rose & daffodil mold, & left the others in cardboard.

not_ally

Reaction score
Good work, skayc, I have found it really hard to get that kind of translucence w/CP. I would think the real floral fans would go nuts over those.

ETA: have you thought of joining the challenge that we are doing this month? You might have fun, plus it is a great learning experience. For other people, at least, I have been slogging along making ugly attempts. But I think I am still learning a bit :)

Last edited:

skayc1

Reaction score
What is the challenge & how much money does it cost to join? Oh and I did see an ebru challenge last month, I didn't have the money to join, nor a slab mold. I've only been soaping since April.

SunWolf

Reaction score
Beautiful colors on all of them. I love the rose and daffodil soaps especially.

The second picture, the one with baby oil in it, looks like it has beads of oil on the surface. Is it the baby oil weeping a bit, or glycerin rivers, or an optical illusion? I haven't heard of adding baby oil before, interesting.

skayc1

Reaction score
The Pink was a mix of micas & pigments, so I'm not sure if the sparkle is from the mica or not.

umeali

Reaction score
amazing soaps and stunning colors ,can you tell me why all of yours soap look shiny neat and even ?do you all ad any extra effort to this final presentation?
Today I made my first soap and will share my pic here .:mrgreen:

skayc1

Reaction score
I took these pictures right after I cut them, before I cleaned them, so the pictures are not of the finale presentation. Congrats on your first soap, my first soap was not as shiny, i had a high amount of solid oils in my first recipe.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spray the last mold really well with pam, it will help with the un-molding. You will still need to put it in the freezer for awhile. I even have to put m&p in the freezer to unmold that one

skayc1

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll spray the two trouble maker molds with pam & freeze before unmolding!

Latest posts