My little soaping area

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WallFlower

Reaction score
My birthday is coming up in a few days and my loving family bought me a stainless steel table to make soap on. Usually I haul all my soap stuff from the bookshelves out to the kitchen to soap and now I won't have to!

I'd like to set up some shelves/spice racks above the table for my FOs/EOs & colorants. I'm also thinking about getting a track light to mount on the wall above the table too so I have better lighting above my work area.

I'm also planning on getting a small hot plate/burner to melt my hard oils on so I won't have to go out to the kitchen for that either.

I'm very happy about this. There have been MANY times I didn't make soap even though I wanted to simply because I was too tired from work & school to haul everything back and forth. Now I have no excuses!

2_zpsa5e7e523.png

The bookshelf on the right is full of soap making supplies. The one on the far left has other craft/sewing supplies. That's my dog Frankenstein and my cat Dexter enjoying the open window back there lol.

3_zps0e2e5fbc.png

I put all my oils under the table along with my box of lye, bowls, distilled water, and water pitcher.

4_zpse43e7489.png

And here is my bookcase of soap supplies.

Up top are some FOs/EOs, random bath supplies from the herbarie for making stuff like bubble bars and things, liquid colorants in the basket on the right.

Next shelf down are the rest of my FOs/EOs and powder colorants.

Next shelf has some more oils & some body spray supplies. A couple cube molds and some spoons.

Next are all of my clays, salts, citric acid, baking soda, wax, and other additive stuff.

And on the very bottom I have some stock pots that I will never use because they are too large for the batches I make, some sea salt, and a box of lip balm tubes & other containers that I will probably never use either.

I know I always like to see where people soap at and where they keep all their supplies so I thought I'd take a few pictures since I got this new table of where I keep all my stuff. If anyone wants to share theirs feel free! :D

Your organization is very impressive. I bet your soaps are equally so. Very nice!

I'm jealous :) I'm still waiting to even get an "area" to soap in!! Still trying to work in the kitchen but have plans of making a soaping corner in my garage/shop this summer. My kitchen looks like a bomb went off with all of the extra supplies!!

My soaping supply area consists of the bottom drawer next to the sink in the kitchen. My oils are under the sink, along with my lye. My kitchen is usually a disaster though, so I have very little room for much of anything :)

That is a great table! I have to pull everything out from the cupboards to set up in the kitchen and then put it all back when I'm done. Won't be lucky enough for my own space until we are no longer tied to the military and we can have a permanent home. I'll need to save a pick of your table though so I can get something like it someday!

That is great! I love the table! I use a small extra bedroom and a desk that I use as a table, a hot plate is my next step to not have to use the kitchen. Looking at all your organization inspires me to do what I need to do and try to put some order into my chaos! lol

What are the egg carton type thingamadabs that you have your E/O F/O's in. Mine are in a drawer but totally unorganized.

I love your area. I've been thinking (since I have pretty much quit sewing/quilting since I started making soap again) that I should turn my dining room aka my sewing room into a soaping room. Then I could get everything together instead of having some stuff in the kitchen and some in the bedroom, etc. Then I could even soap when I get up early. Now I wait til hubby is up because the bedroom is right off the kitchen and I do not want to wake him.

Oh, yes- and happy birthday!!

Thank you everyone! :)

What are the egg carton type thingamadabs that you have your E/O F/O's in. Mine are in a drawer but totally unorganized.

They are how WSP packages their FOs. So when I ordered a lot of FOs from them they sent me them in the egg carton things. They were so handy to grab the whole thing and be able to take out to the kitchen so I kept them. :smile:

This is a personal choice, but I also have a soaping area that is not in a kitchen and I use a microwave rather than a hot plate. I think it's better for small adjustments to the oil temps. Regardless, your area is delightful; I hope you enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back