my liquid soap is super clear but has PH of 14!!! what did I do wrong?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, does this mean if I wanted too, I could use ANY Liquid, as in specifically Aloe Vera Juice????
I can't say yes or no because I haven't tried aloe juice myself in LS. I've only used it to make lotion & creams. But I believe others have used it. Hopefully, they will see this and respond. :)

ETA: Oops. @AliOop & I were writing at the same time. So there's your answer, with this exception...
For instance, fruit juices and milks can become rancid in liquid soap.
I don't know about fruit juice, but I have made LS with goat milk successfully, as have other SMF members. Find the magnifying glass icon at the top right corner of this page to Search "goat milk LS" for more info.

AlaiynaB's Blogspot also has a tutorial.

HOW TO CREATE LIQUID GOATS MILK SOAP

Last edited:
@Zany_in_CO I was not saying that they cannot be used; I said they "MAY become rancid in liquid soap." And that is true; if used improperly, they will become rancid in liquid soap. But since @KristianQuestions is a beginner, s/he needs to start with water. The more advanced techniques of using other liquids needs to come after she has experience with some successful batches under his/her belt. Till then, IMO and BOME, it's not a good idea to suggest the use of other liquids.

You can use some different liquids to make the KOH solution, but not just ANY liquid, especially in liquid soap.

For instance, fruit juices and milks can become rancid in liquid soap.

Acidic liquids will require lye adjustments, since the acid will use up some of the lye.

It is really best to learn basic liquid soapmaking with water, and then glycerine, before you start trying other liquids. :)
Oh OK, Thanks for the help :)

I can't say yes or no because I haven't tried aloe juice myself in LS. I've only used it to make lotion & creams. But I believe others have used it. Hopefully, they will see this and respond. :)

ETA: Oops. @AliOop & I were writing at the same time. So there's your answer, with this exception...

I don't know about fruit juice, but I have made LS with goat milk successfully, as have other SMF members. Find the magnifying glass icon at the top right corner of this page to Search "goat milk LS" for more info.

AlaiynaB's Blogspot also has a tutorial.

HOW TO CREATE LIQUID GOATS MILK SOAP
Thanks for the help, Goat Milk Liquid Soap is what I want to try sometime, ofcourse AFTER I learn the basics. Thanks so much!!

@Zany_in_CO I was not saying that they cannot be used; I said they "MAY become rancid in liquid soap." And that is true; if used improperly, they will become rancid in liquid soap. But since @KristianQuestions is a beginner, s/he needs to start with water. The more advanced techniques of using other liquids needs to come after she has experience with some successful batches under his/her belt. Till then, IMO and BOME, it's not a good idea to suggest the use of other liquids.
Thanks, I appreciate the help. Yes, I am working on learning the basics, however, its nice to know the options for the SOMEDAY :) I do look forward to the different processes. I have everything I need now to make MANY Types of Soaps. I have been buying all the different supplies over the last month. I hope to venture into all of this...THE BASICS, In the next week or so. I appreciate your help :)

Back