My Lavender Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Lavender soap with coconut. Almond oil, Olive oil and cocoa butter with 30 drops of lavendula angustifolia (which is stronger) but after curing the aroma is lesser so next time I will use 50 -60 drops

Attachments

• 5AF7F819-B51A-4BD4-A0F1-DA5565C56BC9.jpeg
    5AF7F819-B51A-4BD4-A0F1-DA5565C56BC9.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 44
EO & FO should always be measured by weight not drops. Drops are not accurate or consistent. If you are running your recipe through a soap calculator it will calculate how much to use based on the percentage you enter. It will give you grams and ounces.

Just wanted to add that there's even a special EO calculator: https://www.eocalc.com
If you run your eo (blend) through here, you're sure your soap is safe to use;) some EO's can be irritating at higher amounts.

@kyrietechnologyco Very nice!! And love the background cloth too!
I have to agree with the two previous posters, though. Try weighing your EO just as you do your oils & such. It'll make it much easier for you. ( Just give you a basic start, in US volume, 300 drops is roughly a half ounce )

@kyrietechnologyco Very nice!! And love the background cloth too!
I have to agree with the two previous posters, though. Try weighing your EO just as you do your oils & such. It'll make it much easier for you. ( Just give you a basic start, in US volume, 300 drops is roughly a half ounce )

Thanks a lot.
My correction I added Essentail oil just 20 ml not 20 drops.

My Lavender soap with coconut. Almond oil, Olive oil and cocoa butter with 30 drops of lavendula angustifolia (which is stronger) but after curing the aroma is lesser so next time I will use 50 -60 drops

Back