My Latest

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc1ble

Reaction score
I had a chance to make a couple of batches over the long weekend. This is what I came up with

ey3ZUWt.jpg

A twist on my favorite Black and White AC soap for my wife. The olive color was supposed to be BB Amethyst Purple Mica. It was green when I mixed it in and it stayed green after gelling, I guess I have to increase the amount. I used about 1/2 tsp for about 1 cup of batter. Scented with Aloe and Clover which seems to be weak at 1 ounce ppo. My wife and son both called it a camo soap even though it wasn't my intention, it still looks nice.

3N5v7Cm.jpg

A new recipe using 25% Canola oil for a test. I love the black, pewter and white in the pot swirl. Bay Rum fragrance for this one, I can't wait for it to cure to give it a try.

Thanks for looking, Denis

And the loaves before they were sliced

FuRZhCU.jpg

The camo soap was the first trial of my new tall skinny 4" mold that I made. A little to much batter made for an oversize loaf. These were also my first CPOP, I thought I would give it a try to insure gelling.

And the loaves before they were sliced

FuRZhCU.jpg

The camo soap was the first trial of my new tall skinny 4" mold that I made. A little to much batter made for an oversize loaf. These were also my first CPOP, I thought I would give it a try to insure gelling.

Nice. I really like the look of the black, white & pewter loaf, in particular. I just put in an order for pewter and your photo really reinforces what a good choice that was. Disappointing about the purple turning out green, though.

Like them both! Love the side of the grey loaf [emoji2]

Don't you love the way micas misbehave! I just made some that looked lovely in the packet, lovely in the colour pot, lovely in the mold BUT when it came to cutting (only 12 hrs later) they were all pastel pale pink [emoji33]

Going to try again with double the amount 1 tsp per 200g (almost a cup of batter)

Like them both! Love the side of the grey loaf [emoji2]

Don't you love the way micas misbehave! I just made some that looked lovely in the packet, lovely in the colour pot, lovely in the mold BUT when it came to cutting (only 12 hrs later) they were all pastel pale pink [emoji33]

Going to try again with double the amount 1 tsp per 200g (almost a cup of batter)

It definitely makes things challenging. I don't understand how green can come from purple. It would be different if it was too light or too dark, but a complete different color challenges my simple mind.

Love the soaps and especially the side of the grey one. I can see a black road twisting of to the sunset, with the most amazing cloud formation above. How cool and impossible would that be to recreate!

Love the soaps and especially the side of the grey one. I can see a black road twisting of to the sunset, with the most amazing cloud formation above. How cool and impossible would that be to recreate!

Oh that was simple, I planned it that way...joking. I hadn't noticed that, I kinda wish I would have sliced it to feature that now, now I've challenged myself to recreate it haha.

Back