My latest Soaping Adventures

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The first pic is a soap I made for my mom using the Chanel #5 FO. I didn't use any colorants in this soap.

The second pic is a Lavender, Anise, Litsea Cubeba, and Camphor EO scented soap using Alkanet, Annatto, and Activated Charcoal as colorant.

The third pic is my Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Orange 5X, and Litsea Cubeba EO cupcakes using French green clay(which doesn't show up in the base), Madder Root, Alkanet, and Annatto for colorants. The butterflies were done several weeks ago and I used Ultramarine blue for them. Some of the other cupcakes have the Ultramarine Violet butterflies on them.

My fourth pic is my Black and Gold bar a tribute to a certain football team. I used Anise, Orange 5X, Allspice, and Bay Rum EO. I used Activated Charcoal which I didn't mix ahead with oil so it didn't disperse nicely through the soap, but I like it all the same and Annatto for colorant. This also was made with Shocktop pumpkin wheat beer.

My fifth bar is my absolute favorite of the group. I used Lavender, Geramium Rose, and Lemongrass EO. I used alkanet as the colorant. It smells heavenly.

My 6th bar is a goats milk one using Spearmint and Rosemary EO. I used Spiralina as the colorant and dried spearmint leaves(also sprinkled on top) I knew they would turn dark, but I like the affect. This also smells wonderful.

Except for my beer bar they all have cruelty free tussah silk. And they all have coconut milk except for the goats milk bar. So I have been having a lot of soaping fun!

I infused my annatto seeds in olive oil so that I could just put it in my french press when I needed to use it. I made an olive oil infusion with both my spiralina powder and my alkanet powder. It is great all I have to do is pour it in my soap batter a walla I have colorant!:)

Mom's Soap 001.JPG

Butterfly Cupcake Soap 002.JPG

Butterfly Cupcake Soap 006.JPG

The Natural Soap Collection 008.JPG

The Natural Soap Collection 009.JPG

The Natural Soap Collection 019.JPG

ya, the black and gold one is cool. why is it that I suddenly like the crackled look? :eek:

oh my, I didn't see this thread before. You did a fab job on all these. I know they are all lovely because your soaps ARE lovely!

Wow how did you get your cupcakes like that I love it

I used decorating tips to pipe the soap. I used my rose petal tip to get the zinnia flower affect. I used the leaf tip to get the sunflower affect. I forget which tip I used to make the little butterflies. It was probably the small leaf tip. I made those in advance.

Lovely soaps! Very pretty! Love that gold and black bar's stripe/swirl thing your got going on. :D

Very nice. I luv the cupcakes! The icing is different. How do you like the Chanel fragrance? I have some to try. Have the soaps darkened any further?

Back