Shave Soap My Latest Paste Shave Soap Creations!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 49910

Reaction score
These are my latest paste-type shave soap creations:

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

The last one I added a Tbsp. of Honey to the lye mixture and WOWSERS... the color went a deep caramel and the HP curing in the 200°F oven for 75 minutes was very thorough. Paste was more fluid that the previous two batches and it imparted a slight sweet aka honey? overtone to the scent.... DUH! The lathering is a quite noticeable to the other two... not a double difference but definitely lathers better and creamier.

So what was the ratio of honey to oils in that one, and did you add any other sugar?
It was 2 teaspoons per pound of oils. No I didn't add any other sugar, just honey.

These are all hot process soaps by the way, with a 60-75 minute oven hot process @ 190-200°F cook. Total super fat is 6% but the HP is done at 3% then the other 3% is the Lanolin and Argran Oil added with glycerin, sodium lactate and fragrances after the cook. This is so the beneficial aspects of the Argan Oil remain intact. Lanolin doesn't saponify, but I think it gives a nice skin conditioning aspect to the soap.
The Tussah Silk adds a nice touch to the lather aspects too.

Back