My latest m&p soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the red roses. What company or brand red color did you use. I'm trying this liquid form red color I bought from Hobby Lobby and that is a pink whenever I use. Please advise me:?:

Hi!! I m from india..to be very true,i have not used anything branded..i cant buy from any supplies like brambleberry coz shipping charges n dollar in comparision to rupee is very high..:D n my parents wont allow me to spend much becoz I just started 2 months back,n dont make often..I explained this long,so that you dont think that m not willing to share..i just have four colors in total..i mix match..n some natural..like I made light purple with ratanjot,dont know wt is dat called in english,n turmeric for orange nd yellow,spirulina powder for green,cocoa powder n coffee for brown,thats how I manage..the red I had also turned pink,so I added peach color to it..n it turned red..:)

Wow shivani, your soaps are amazing. You must spend forever planning them. Those flower ones are just gorgeous.

No derpina, thats the worst thing that I dont plan well..its like,m sitting..got something in mind,nd start preparing soap..so till date,things never turned out as planned..something wrong happens always, but I dnt knw how people find it good.:D I think of making something,n turn out to something else.

Hi!! I m from india..to be very true,i have not used anything branded..i cant buy from any supplies like brambleberry coz shipping charges n dollar in comparision to rupee is very high..:D n my parents wont allow me to spend much becoz I just started 2 months back,n dont make often..I explained this long,so that you dont think that m not willing to share..i just have four colors in total..i mix match..n some natural..like I made light purple with ratanjot,dont know wt is dat called in english,n turmeric for orange nd yellow,spirulina powder for green,cocoa powder n coffee for brown,thats how I manage..the red I had also turned pink,so I added peach color to it..n it turned red..:)
Hi Shivani, I am originally from India too. I have relocated in US after my marriage. The name Shivani did make me think of Indian but assumptions are not always good! I'm originally from Gujarat. I thank you for sharing this red color mystery. Thanks a lot!

Hi Shivani, I am originally from India too. I have relocated in US after my marriage. The name Shivani did make me think of Indian but assumptions are not always good! I'm originally from Gujarat. I thank you for sharing this red color mystery. Thanks a lot!

Oh wow!! Nice to hear that..now you could definately understand!! :D

Guys, do you think I can add a little food color to the mp soap? Has anyone tried it? I have heard that it can stain the skin.... Is that true?

Food coloring will usually bleed or run. The best colorants for M&P are micas.

Are you in the US? The reason I ask is because, I have tried using the regular red color that we get at Craft stored but that always turns pink :( ImageUploadedBySoap Making1386220532.110000.jpgonce, I thought of adding more drops and see what it turns out like and this is what I got!!!! :(.

Where do you buy Mica from? Any website suggestions? Or stores? Please advise

Thanks Shivani

Dang girl!!!!! You are so awesome. It looks more like a piece of cake with icing on it. Can you take a picture of it sideways

Lisamaliga,

Thanks a bunch!!!! I shall order it from there. Can't thank enough!!!! I was trying so hard to get this!!!!

Big hug to you :)

Back