My latest m&p soaps

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

shivani

Reaction score
I love the red roses. What company or brand red color did you use. I'm trying this liquid form red color I bought from Hobby Lobby and that is a pink whenever I use. Please advise me:?:
Hi!! I m from india..to be very true,i have not used anything branded..i cant buy from any supplies like brambleberry coz shipping charges n dollar in comparision to rupee is very high..:D n my parents wont allow me to spend much becoz I just started 2 months back,n dont make often..I explained this long,so that you dont think that m not willing to share..i just have four colors in total..i mix match..n some natural..like I made light purple with ratanjot,dont know wt is dat called in english,n turmeric for orange nd yellow,spirulina powder for green,cocoa powder n coffee for brown,thats how I manage..the red I had also turned pink,so I added peach color to it..n it turned red..:)

shivani

Reaction score
Madamlian, your soaps look lovely!! Great idea!!

shivani

Reaction score
Wow shivani, your soaps are amazing. You must spend forever planning them. Those flower ones are just gorgeous.
No derpina, thats the worst thing that I dont plan well..its like,m sitting..got something in mind,nd start preparing soap..so till date,things never turned out as planned..something wrong happens always, but I dnt knw how people find it good.:D I think of making something,n turn out to something else.

Khanjari

Reaction score
Hi!! I m from india..to be very true,i have not used anything branded..i cant buy from any supplies like brambleberry coz shipping charges n dollar in comparision to rupee is very high..:D n my parents wont allow me to spend much becoz I just started 2 months back,n dont make often..I explained this long,so that you dont think that m not willing to share..i just have four colors in total..i mix match..n some natural..like I made light purple with ratanjot,dont know wt is dat called in english,n turmeric for orange nd yellow,spirulina powder for green,cocoa powder n coffee for brown,thats how I manage..the red I had also turned pink,so I added peach color to it..n it turned red..:)
Hi Shivani, I am originally from India too. I have relocated in US after my marriage. The name Shivani did make me think of Indian but assumptions are not always good! I'm originally from Gujarat. I thank you for sharing this red color mystery. Thanks a lot!

shivani

Reaction score
Hi Shivani, I am originally from India too. I have relocated in US after my marriage. The name Shivani did make me think of Indian but assumptions are not always good! I'm originally from Gujarat. I thank you for sharing this red color mystery. Thanks a lot!
Oh wow!! Nice to hear that..now you could definately understand!! :D

renata

Reaction score
shivani, your soaps are beautiful, so original!

Khanjari

Reaction score
Guys, do you think I can add a little food color to the mp soap? Has anyone tried it? I have heard that it can stain the skin.... Is that true?

lisamaliga

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Food coloring will usually bleed or run. The best colorants for M&P are micas.

Khanjari

Reaction score
Food coloring will usually bleed or run. The best colorants for M&P are micas.

Are you in the US? The reason I ask is because, I have tried using the regular red color that we get at Craft stored but that always turns pink :( ImageUploadedBySoap Making1386220532.110000.jpgonce, I thought of adding more drops and see what it turns out like and this is what I got!!!! :(.

Where do you buy Mica from? Any website suggestions? Or stores? Please advise

Khanjari

Reaction score
Thanks Shivani

Dang girl!!!!! You are so awesome. It looks more like a piece of cake with icing on it. Can you take a picture of it sideways

lisamaliga

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Khanjari,
That soap looks beautiful as it is even if the color isn't exactly what you wanted.
I recommend micas. Brambleberry ships worldwide and carries a nice selection of micas. Here's the link: http://www.brambleberry.com/Micas-C46.aspx

lisamaliga

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shivani,
That soap is awesome looking!

Khanjari

Reaction score
Lisamaliga,

Thanks a bunch!!!! I shall order it from there. Can't thank enough!!!! I was trying so hard to get this!!!!

Big hug to you :)

Latest posts