My latest "Ione swirl" attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That came out beautiful <3
And i also love to watch Ione do her thing

I have the Ultra Marine Blue and Chromium Green, but can't find Ultramarine green anywhere. Bramble Berry has some Ultramarine color but no Ultramarine green. Do you know where you bought yours; or maybe it has a different name?
Is Pearlizer just a white pearly mica? I'm still learning about some of these soaping colorants!LOL

Certainly! It was actually a combination of powdered colorants that I mixed together until I was satisfied:

Ultramarine Blue
Chromium Green Hydroxide
Ultramarine Green
Pearlizer
TD

If you are interested, I handily wrote down how much of each colorant I used for my amount of base batter (which happened to be 4 cups of batter for this batch).

I need to mention first that the measuring device that I use with powdered colorants is one of those smidge/dash/pinch measuring spoons that some grocery stores sell. For what it's worth, mine looks just like this one: http://store.cookbookpeople.com/smi...tm_source=bc&gclid=COTYr53qhNACFQSUfgod5aYOHw:

-UM Blue- 1 smidge, slightly packed/pressed and leveled off
-Chromium Green- 1 smidge, slightly packed/pressed and leveled off
-UM Green- 1/2 smidge, loose (just lightly/scantily filled half of the smidge spoon)
-Pearlizer- 1 dash, loose (lightly scooped and leveled off, i.e., no packing/pressing)
-TD- 2 dashes, loose (lightly scooped and leveled off, i.e., no packing/pressing)

IrishLass :)

I have the Ultra Marine Blue and Chromium Green, but can't find Ultramarine green anywhere. Bramble Berry has some Ultramarine color but no Ultramarine green. Do you know where you bought yours; or maybe it has a different name?
Is Pearlizer just a white pearly mica? I'm still learning about some of these soaping colorants!LOL

I bought mine some time ago from WSP. The label on my jar says Crafter's Choice Ultramarine Green Powder Pigment. I just took a look at their site and it seems like they don't sell it anymore........at least not under that name anyway. I just looked at their other greens and the color of mine looks to be a perfect match for their Matte Woodland Green Pigment Powder, which disperses in water (just like mine does).

My Green Chromium Hydroxide Powder Pigment is also from Crafter's Choice (WSP) and was bought at the same time as my UM Green, and it looks like they no longer have that one either, wouldn't you know it- at least not under that name anyway. :lol: It seems to have been renamed to Matte Teal Green Pigment Powder, which is a perfect match in color to my Green Chromium Hydroxide, and also disperses in water just like mine.

Re: the pearlizer- I bought mine from Oregon Trails Soaps, but any pearly white mica will work just fine. :thumbup:

HTH!

Great! I have the Woodland Green, so I'll just have to get the green chromiium hydroxide. I have hydrated chrome, I think I'll check the color next to the photo of the chromium hydroxide and see if they're similar. A possibility is they're the same but with a different name. If they're not, I'll just wait till I have to put another order in, Thanks again for taking the time to give me such clear and complete information!

I bought mine some time ago from WSP. The label on my jar says Crafter's Choice Ultramarine Green Powder Pigment. I just took a look at their site and it seems like they don't sell it anymore........at least not under that name anyway. I just looked at their other greens and the color of mine looks to be a perfect match for their Matte Woodland Green Pigment Powder, which disperses in water (just like mine does).

My Green Chromium Hydroxide Powder Pigment is also from Crafter's Choice (WSP) and was bought at the same time as my UM Green, and it looks like they no longer have that one either, wouldn't you know it- at least not under that name anyway. :lol: It seems to have been renamed to Matte Teal Green Pigment Powder, which is a perfect match in color to my Green Chromium Hydroxide, and also disperses in water just like mine.

Re: the pearlizer- I bought mine from Oregon Trails Soaps, but any pearly white mica will work just fine. :thumbup:

HTH!

I appreciate the experienced soapers on here being so kind to everyone.
You could certainly keep your recipes and methods to yourself (like some new soapers tend to do) (not on here).

When I could not bend a hanger to save my soap LOL or life I finally bought one and of course have not had a chance to use it.

Once again thank you all for great teaching moments and AHH moments for us that have less experience.
:)

I attempted this. Unfortunately I didn't follow the advice to use a well-behaving fragrance, so it was a medium to thick trace by the time I started pouring. I like what I ended up with, but it's not quite as wispy as I wanted.

Good job! Even though the swirls are not as wispy as you had hoped, there are still a fair bit of lovely, flowery wisps in there to give your bars that unmistakable Ione-esque look. :thumbup:

Good job! Even though the swirls are not as wispy as you had hoped, there are still a fair bit of lovely, flowery wisps in there to give your bars that unmistakable Ione-esque look. [emoji106]

Thanks! I'm working up to making soap as pretty as yours, that's my ultimate goal [emoji4]

Good job! Even though the swirls are not as wispy as you had hoped, there are still a fair bit of lovely, flowery wisps in there to give your bars that unmistakable Ione-esque look. [emoji106]

Thanks! My ultimate goal is to make soap as pretty as yours! [emoji4]

Oops, sorry for the double post, I thought the first one didn't go through...

Latest posts

Back