My latest, first ITP swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMyers

Reaction score
So I went about it "Backward" and started with combed swirls, then went back to ITP. Hehe.

This is my (so far) favorite recipe, goat's milk and all. I guess I need to add some TD to keep it whiter. It was so nice and white when I poured, and even when I unmolded, but has browned a bit since cutting. Weird, but I learn as I go!!

Also, I want to steam off the ash. But haven't gotten around to it.

I've been a soaping slacker, made this three weeks ago, and nothing since. (Had my daughter's birthday and party, two jewelry craft shows, plus wrapping and shipping all my gifts, and being sicker than I've been in years!! Not to mention weekly trips to San Francisco, to visit DH's aunt in her Hospice) I guess it's just that time of year. Looking forward to making some new soaps over the next couple weeks while my (now) 9 year old has some time off from school. Going to try some of the fun stuff I'm seeing you all do (avocado, alkanet, fun swirls, etc)

1220141121_zps1zz41jvq.jpg

It doesn't have to be white to be pretty!
ITP is really my favorite swirl, always so unpredictable and unique. :)

I totally agree! I like the contrast in your colors and the swirl looks great. Every time I use TD to whiten, I wish I hadn't. I always end up with small white dots all over. Now I just incorporate whatever color the FO will morph into. Great looking soap! :thumbup:

Really pretty! And Im with the others..I like the ash. I dont get much ash these days, but when I do I usually leave it..it gives contrast imo :)

Thanks all! I think the color thing is just that it's not what I was going for/expecting. Too late on the ash, I steamed it off right after I posted! There is still quite a bit of contrast in the top swirl from the mica I used. I like it better (probably because that's what I was going for hehe) But, DH saw it sitting on the counter (where it has been for two weeks) and said, "woah, that's some pretty soap! I like that A LOT." Heh. Guess this one's a winner! More ITP swirling for me.

1222141747_zpsrcwtkkao.jpg

Last edited:
I totally agree! I like the contrast in your colors and the swirl looks great. Every time I use TD to whiten, I wish I hadn't. I always end up with small white dots all over. Now I just incorporate whatever color the FO will morph into. Great looking soap! :thumbup:

There are ways to eliminate those white spots. After you disperse the TD in either water or oil, whisk it really well then pour it through the mesh of a tea ball. :) I keep a bottle with my TD already dispersed and just shake it up and squirt it straight into my batter. I also use it with a very light hand.

There are ways to eliminate those white spots. After you disperse the TD in either water or oil, whisk it really well then pour it through the mesh of a tea ball. :) I keep a bottle with my TD already dispersed and just shake it up and squirt it straight into my batter. I also use it with a very light hand.

Great tip Logansama! I'm definitely going to give it shot. I'm making soap this afternoon so this will be first on my list of tasks. Woohoo! I may end up with nice white swirls after all, lol. :)

Back