My Hubby's latest work :D

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitMommyOf2

Reaction score
A few of you might remember that my Hubby's quite the 'wood freak' and has made several things for the family in the past.

This now is his latest creation; a gift for my parents who recently moved back to Germany.
In Germany it's custom to give a fresh loaf of bread and salt as a house warming gift; this is how DH and I came to this idea with the shadow box.

Hubby made everything on his own, including the frame. The loaf of bread and bag of salt are carved out of 1 piece of wood. :wink:

The saying is German (obviously :lol: ) and quotes basically "Bread and Salt, God makes both never go out" (something like that, I can't think of the proper wording right now.. :oops: You'll get the meaning though, right?)

BrotUndSalz.jpg

I am just so proud of the result of my DH's work that I had to share with you guys. :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
Val, tell hubby that is nice work! His carving is exquisite! :wink:

Paul.... :) :wink:
Thank you, Paul! I'll tell him! :D

He's already 'complaining' why I'm still not doing CP soap as he'd love to make a mold with some Masonic symbols (he is a Mason :wink: ) and obviously for M&P it won't work.. -Or would it? :lol:

Latest posts

Back