My hubby surprised me with a soapy gift

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamansavon

Reaction score
I'm pretty astonished.
DH walked past and joked that we'll never run out of soap bc I make some every day at the moment.
I replied that I'd just finished all the lye I had so yeah, maybe I have made rather a lot.
He comes back from picking up our daughter from her dance class and cheerfully announces he bought me a little something...and proudly presents me with a bag of washing soda. 😂
Bless him, he muddled up caustic soda and washing soda.
I'm still incredibly touched that he had such a kind thought though.
We've got soap curing all over the place and I was concerned it might be getting annoying for him but obviously not 😎

Attachments

• IMG_20210616_000237.jpg
    IMG_20210616_000237.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 4
He did everything right! You are (have to be) touched and thankful, but still you can't make more soap! 🤣

On a side note, washing soda is very versatile. Not directly for soapmaking, but it doesn't hurt to have some at hand for a zillion of uses. Should you run out of distilled water catastrophically untimely, you can use it as an emergency helper to soften tap water, e. g.

Aw, that's very sweet!

And ditto on it being useful - I've been trying to get my hands on some for ages but all the supermarkets have inexplicably stopped stocking it so I ended up ordering from France with some other supplies! So I'm quite jealous ;)

That is very sweet of him. I was using old cookie sheets to cure my soap on so hubby went out and bought me three restaurant baking trays. He was so proud on himself, you'd thought he had cured cancer. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the reason I was using cookie sheets was because they were the perfect size for me to carry from the kitchen to the garage and fit on the shelves. But it's okay...when we finally get to renovating the garage, I'll get a baking rack.

Back