My HP procedure (in Pictures). Please Inspect.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaspar Navarrete

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I updated my HP procedure according to your comments that I received on my previous batch back in March.

Picture of what I did are below. Am I making soap correctly ? I am using this soap and might give some of it to others, so I don't want to assume anything. I am still relatively new to this.

I know that it's been several months since I've posted, I had several things come down on me recently. But I still value your experience and input.

Thanks and happy new year.

set1.jpg

set2.jpg

set3.jpg

set4.jpg

set5.jpg

set6.jpg

set7.jpg

set8.jpg

Set9.jpg

Set10.jpg

Last edited:
I would bath with this soap. It wouldn't be my first choice to wash dishes b/c I don't think it's harsh enough, but I would be willing to try it on dishes.

Your pics of you licking the soap are hysterical.

You did good, I would be happy to use that soap. There are a couple things you can do to save some time though

1. coconut oil doesn't need to be melted before weighing it, just scoop it out of the jar.
2. It shouldn't take a few hours to melt your palm, sounds like your water bath was too cool. It can be quite hot, just not boiling. I would loosen the lids some.
3. When making HP, there is no reason to cool your oils or lye before mixing. I mean, they are going to get hot anyways.
4. You shouldn't need to cook so long. If you would have stirred at 5:41, cooked for another 20-30 minutes it should have been done. If you had to add water, you either didn't use enough or cooked too much away.

You shouldn't need to cook so long. If you would have stirred at 5:41, cooked for another 20-30 minutes it should have been done. If you had to add water, you either didn't use enough or cooked too much away.

I was wondering about when to stir. I thought that it would be best to wait until the island is gone (and then some) before I stir. This way I know ALL of the oils has been saponified.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with waiting, many people wait until the center is gone before they stir. I on the other hand, stir more often. As soon as I get a good rings around the outside, I gently stir. I figure getting the inside closer to the outside will help it cook faster.

Back