My heart goes out to alll of Australia and trying to locate a few Aussies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeepItSimpleSoap

Reaction score
I can't believe the devastation that I saw on the World news earlier this morning. Several Aussies have lost their lives in the fires and over a half a billion animals. All of us that pray, pray for all of you.
Many years back I met some Australians that were touring around the U.S.A. They were really friendly people and hung out with them for most of the time that they were visiting the midsouth U.S. I am unable to check on them, their names are Tim Miller and Vickii Miller. Vickii has a horse ranch somewhere in Australia. I have her ex-husbands phone number burned in my head because he is a fellow Auto Restorer. I'm unable to make International calls however if one of you Aussies that is not shy and I know there are some on here, would call Vickiie's ex Rick Knock. His phone number at his Shop is 011-612-519-5380. I know that in country you do not have to dial all of the digits on the telephone to connect. By they way, what region is this number in?
If you reach Rick, tell him that you are calling for Greg in the State of Alabama U.S.A. and are trying to get contact numbers or e-mail addresses for Tim and Vickii and want to make sure that they are OK.
I wish all of you well "down under". Thanks, Greg
p.s. PM me if you can find out anything

It’s bad for sure. The photos and videos I’m seeing are of intense, all-consuming blazes that are moving fast. As I understand it, this is just the beginning of the fire season in Australia. I hope you’re friends are okay and have not suffered any losses of property.

I feel as if I know the native people in Australia as I’ve read every older book, history nonfiction and biographies by different authors on aboriginal beliefs and their lives now. Almost moved there in 1973 to teach. Too far! But now... I will request my little cowboy church pray for the people there to escape and be safe til vegetation renews. God bless and keep the Aussies, of all races.

I can't believe the devastation that I saw on the World news earlier this morning. Several Aussies have lost their lives in the fires and over a half a billion animals. All of us that pray, pray for all of you.
Many years back I met some Australians that were touring around the U.S.A. They were really friendly people and hung out with them for most of the time that they were visiting the midsouth U.S. I am unable to check on them, their names are Tim Miller and Vickii Miller. Vickii has a horse ranch somewhere in Australia. I have her ex-husbands phone number burned in my head because he is a fellow Auto Restorer. I'm unable to make International calls however if one of you Aussies that is not shy and I know there are some on here, would call Vickiie's ex Rick Knock. His phone number at his Shop is 011-612-519-5380. I know that in country you do not have to dial all of the digits on the telephone to connect. By they way, what region is this number in?
If you reach Rick, tell him that you are calling for Greg in the State of Alabama U.S.A. and are trying to get contact numbers or e-mail addresses for Tim and Vickii and want to make sure that they are OK.
I wish all of you well "down under". Thanks, Greg
p.s. PM me if you can find out anything[/QUOT

Australia is a big place, they might not be anywhere near the fires. Most of the fires are on the east coast. For me to help you I need numbers in front of 519 5380. It has to start with 0 ? that will give me the state they are in. tried searching, but with small amount of info it's hard.

@KeepItSimpleSoap There are not enough digits in that phone number.

+61 is the Australian country number
2 indicates they live in NSW or the ACT and for Australian callers this is the area code and is dialled as 02

Then there should be an 8 digit local number (you only have 7 digits)

If the start of the local number you provided is correct and starts with 51 they are most likely in the Canberra, Queanbeyan, Yass area. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Australia#cite_note-new2008-4)

519 is actually the digits for the inner city in Sydney.

I added 9 to the front of the number and think I might have found it, as the numbers are now longer.

Too late to ring today, will try tomorrow. that's if the business is back from the Christmas break.

@Relle Thanks Relle, I thought that something like that may have happened with the numbers. Something similar happened here too with all of the numbers that got added because of computers and cell phones. I remember now that at the time, Rick was in Sydney. I now remember to that this is the time of year that Australians take a month of during the Christmas Holidays and it is summer there too.
If you get in touch with Rick get Vickii's number for me and PM me the info. Thanks again, Greg

@Relle Thanks Relle, I thought that something like that may have happened with the numbers. Something similar happened here too with all of the numbers that got added because of computers and cell phones. I remember now that at the time, Rick was in Sydney. I now remember to that this is the time of year that Australians take a month of during the Christmas Holidays and it is summer there too.
If you get in touch with Rick get Vickii's number for me and PM me the info. Thanks again, Greg
Rang the number and there is a message to say the number is not connected and please check the number and call again.
The number when I found it online was listed in the pink pages (phone book).
https://pinkpages.com.au/smash-repa...s-and-smash-repairs-camperdown/111964/listing
Also on this link, they haven't replied to a comment that was in May last year.
https://www.australianplanet.com/chop-top-convertibles-smash-repairs-camperdown-nsw-F1009C00613

The business might have closed down, the Australian economy is not good and a lot of places are shutting down. It sounds like you met these people some time ago. Things change, I tried, if I find a way to track this person I will let you know. I don't go to the city much, about once a year or even two, but if I'm in that area I'll go past and see if the business is still there, that's all I can do to help.

Thanks Relle, I found a similar listing elsewhere on the Internet. He may have retired. Thanks for trying!

Latest posts

Back