My grand opening is tomorrow!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you Ashley , I am glad opening day went so well for you . Wishing you many ,many, many more good days .

Kitn

Ashley, how is it going? Been thinking about you. Has it been stressful?

By the way, are you selling more of any one kind of your soap over others? What are your big sellers?

zeo

P.S. I love your packaging! Very classy!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of an update! Had a pretty scary family emergency a few days ago and have been really caught up with that.

Opening day went great. I got a lot more local orders than I expected. Didn't get as many online orders which kind of surprised me, but oh well!

Not a lot of people are ordering through the website and I'm about 99% sure it's due to the flat rate shipping cost. SOOOOO I need to look into ways to ship individual bars for cheap.

I still need to get pics of my B&B stuff and I think that's another reason why I haven't gotten a lot of online orders yet. Since I am only offering flat rate shipping right now I think most people are holding out until I add more products so that they can get a little of everything when they do order. I meant to have all of that stuff up on the site last week, but due to the emergency I've been set back a bit (again!)

All in all, things have been very calm, which I am happy with! I really do want to ease into this. I am planning to send out letters and samples to all the B&B's in my area soon, and am hoping to get much of my business through private label and wholesale orders. The first craft show in my area isn't until the fall (I live in the boonies!) so I have lots of time to prepare for that, and I think my first show will be my first real money-making experience!

Anyway, things are good. :) As for which scents are selling the best - I really haven't noticed yet - they've all been selling pretty much the same.

I most likely won't be around the forum much in the next few weeks as I have to go out of town unexpectedly to be with a sick family member, while trying to catch up on everything. :\

Hey Ashley, thank you for the update! Sorry to hear about the family emergency. Hang in there. Will say some prayers for those involved.

I can't wait to see your other goodies on the website! Have fun with the pictures.

Take care!
zeo

Sorry to hear about the downer. I'll keep a look out for the new b&b pics. We will miss you!

Latest posts

Back