My go to fragrance oil companies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cara87

Reaction score
Hey! I’ve been making soap for about 2 years and my 2 favorite fragrance oil companies are theincenseguy.com he has some great oils at reasonable prices and does deals when you buy multiples. The site is a little outdated but manageable. He’s based out of Pennsylvania and living in NYS I get my orders within the week. He is super nice and will help you out with recommendations too.
Another site I like is sunseyestore.com, a local hippie shop sold their product but their online store has a better selection and their prices are extremely reasonable. I recommend from them lavender blossom, honeysuckle and blackberry.

I wouldn't use either one of those companies as they don't have any IFRA or usage information on their site. They've not been tested in soap and no reviews. All of which are big red flags for me. Also, I highly doubt they are making their own fragrances.

There are much more well known/reputable companies out there with much better prices for soapmaking. I'm assuming you're making MP not CP or HP from your previous posts.

I wouldn't use either one of those companies as they don't have any IFRA or usage information on their site. They've not been tested in soap and no reviews. All of which are big red flags for me. Also, I highly doubt they are making their own fragrances.

There are much more well known/reputable companies out there with much better prices for soapmaking. I'm assuming you're making MP not CP or HP from your previous posts.
Suns eye is adheres to IFRA standards, their about me page has a whole disclosure about it.
074EB564-0CD9-49FB-AE5A-48F65B1626CB.png

Suns eye is adheres to IFRA standards, their about me page has a whole disclosure about it.

That kind of general statement is not the information to which @shunt2011 is referring. The supplier should always state whether the oils have been tested for use in MP, CP, or HP; provide reviewer/testing information about whether the oil causes ricing, acceleration, or discoloration; and include the MSDS to tell you about how the product was produced, along with safe usage rates.

It doesn't appear that any of those are included on either of the sites you mentioned. If you haven't done so already, take a look at some other suppliers like Aztec Candle and Soap Supplies, Nurture Soap, or Wholesale Supplies Plus. On their websites, you can see all of this information for each EO and FO they sell. Suppliers who don't provide this information on their site are either inexperienced, untrustworthy, or lazy, IMO.

Hey! I’ve been making soap for about 2 years and my 2 favorite fragrance oil companies are theincenseguy.com he has some great oils at reasonable prices and does deals when you buy multiples. The site is a little outdated but manageable. He’s based out of Pennsylvania and living in NYS I get my orders within the week. He is super nice and will help you out with recommendations too.
Another site I like is sunseyestore.com, a local hippie shop sold their product but their online store has a better selection and their prices are extremely reasonable. I recommend from them lavender blossom, honeysuckle and blackberry.
I have to agree with shunt & Alioop, I only buy from fragrance suppliers that post skin safe percentages, and test their fragrances in CP soap. Otherwise how do you know the fragrance will survive the lye? Or know how much to use?

I have to agree with shunt & Alioop, I only buy from fragrance suppliers that post skin safe percentages, and test their fragrances in CP soap. Otherwise how do you know the fragrance will survive the lye? Or know how much to use?

We never really know if a scent will survive without testing.....however, she does MP which will make a difference but still don't know what a safe usage rate would be.

Back