My first worst soap day!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoeybean

Reaction score
Okay here we go...
I made a blue cylinder of soap to make a star shaped loaf to embed into a special soap for a special boy that likes red white and blue. I took my time and had looked forward to making this masterpiece and that was no easy task because I’m a bounce off the walls type of person…

I NEVER have company!

I mixed my lye and got oils ready, my sister and brother-in-law stopped by and I thought no problem the lye & oil can sit, well they stayed and stayed and finally after they left I got busy again (I had grandkids coming and time was running out) got my soap mixed separated color added and wow it was getting thick fast, was going for a faux funnel pour with nice bright white and red stripes but decided that wouldn't work ugh <sigh>so started a drop swirl.

Bang Bang at the door it was the mailman with packages, he is new and wanted to visit while I stood there with my rubber gloves on and caustic soap all over from me panicking ok threw packages on couch and returned to my soap thick and not pouring but no problem I got this elbow deep and determined.. but almost fed-up as I’m trying to finish the neighbor guy (child like adult) walks in my open patio door with a bag of weeds asking me if it was catnip. (btw it was not)… I knew it wouldn’t be the star spangle banner I hoped for, it will be more like pink pot 1/2 swirl, if I'm lucky it might pass as faded glory... my first worst soap day! but! I do have soap...

fadedglory.jpg

fadedgloryx.jpg

I really Like the looks of that soap! Sorry you had so many interruptions. You get stuff all planned out. spend so much time preparing and then it all goes crazy.

Well, I think the soap came out just perfect. Your story was funny. I could just picture all of it. You got it together, though, and it all worked out to perfection.

how frustrating! but, the soaps look amazing despite all of your troubles! I would have yelled at people to leave me alone. LOL

I think they look great! Sorry you had such a time..it happens tho {speaking from experience here lol}..but what's great is that you got fantastic looking soap regardless of what was thrown at you. Awesome!

I love it! Nobody would ever know you had issues. Sometimes crazy stuff like that produce the best soaps!:smile:

Thanks everybody! when the neighbor walked in with the bag of weeds I thought "is this really happening" didn't know rather to laugh or cry this all happened in a matter of 10 minutes. I've got a couple more special soaps to make then after that its just going to be simple soap like I like lol you know mix and dump and if there has to be color it will be faint, my favorite kind of bars are natural so this star kind of put me over the edge so to speak.

Latest posts

Back