My first tiger stripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeanea

Reaction score
I've been itching to do this swirl so finally I have. I can't wait to cut. My recipe gave me plenty of time to play. I tried a new swirl on top. I don't know what it's called but it turned out cool.

Its not letting me attach the pics....: (

hope it works this time

The color changed on me. The pink is supposed to be blue. Its scented with Very Sexy from wsp.

tmp_20140225_161551769032590.jpg

tmp_20140225_161533953424954.jpg

i am itching to see the insideeeeee..... :D the top looks awesome!

how cute!! I love the top. I tried doing a top similar to yours, but alas....it didn't turn out quite as nice!

ok guys feast your eyes. while the swirl is not what I was going for, I still love it. It looks like a funnel pour to me...lol. I will have let my batter thicken just a tad next time. I'm also thinking maybe I poured too high. what do you think?

tmp_20140227_163558769032590.jpg

tmp_20140227_163605953424954.jpg

tmp_20140227_163510-1903478714.jpg

tmp_20140225_161533-523115098.jpg

Oh that's just gorgeous. Might not be what you were trying for but it's pure gold. Whatever you did, try and remember cause it's awesome. Then tell us lol. :thumbup::clap:

Same here, not what you aimed for but it looks amazing! I am a great fan of the crinkle cut and use it in almost all my soaps but with swirls like this I would have gone for a plain cut, it shows off your artwork better in my opinion.

agree with others, now what you aimed for, but it turned out fantastic! the crinkle cut made it look more dramatic, i must say, as well as the color combo. all in all, it's a pleasing view for the eyes :)

i think i know what you did wrong (if what you were aiming was a tiger). yep, you pour too high, therefore you're letting the soap sunk, making the round swirls effect at the end. with tiger, you wanna pour thin, with each color on top of another (don't let it sink down, otherwise you won't get the effect).

Did you try using blue food coloring/FD&C dye? It morphs to purple in CP soap, and looks pink before it finishes morphing.

It was color I bought for bath bombs from Amazon. They were liquid based. It said it was safe for soap so I gave it a try. Im currently looking into buying some micas and marines. I'm looking for sampler kits bc I understand that even these color can change in cp soap.

Back