My first successful batches

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evatgirl73

Reaction score
After a couple of failed batches AKA learning experiences, I sucked it up and got a digital scale and lo and behold, I could make soap! :)
Constructive comments welcome as I really want to learn. These are all very fresh soaps, less than 2wks old and some only a few days. Only for personal use and gifts, if I *ever* decide to sell it will be after years of experience. I CPOP, so the sides/bottoms are a bit rough. I also tend to get a slight bubbly surface on the very top which brushes off with water (see the Lavender soap). Be gentle but tips for improvement appreciated! :)

soap1.jpg

Peppermint EO scented with my first attempt at swirl with a solid color layer on top. The brown is made with cocoa powder dissolved in a small amount of oil, the white is just plain. This smells lovely but I will use less cocoa next time as this discolors the lather a teeny bit.
The crinkle cut bar is scented with Lavender Vanilla and was my first attempt at swirling in the pot, using Turmeric as colorant. Not exactly the result I anticipated, but it's not too bad.

soap2.jpg

Plain, uncolored soap scented with Sweet Honeysuckle, crinkle cut.
Cotton Candy swirl (I really need to work on my swirls). I knew this batch was going to be ONLY for my kids, so I decided to experiment and used a few drops of food coloring since if it fades or bleeds, nobody will know except us, LOL! This is "blue" and photographed a bit brighter than it really is, LOL!

soap3.jpg

Yesterday's batch, "luxury" bar using almond and walnut oil in the mix and scented with Blushing Jasmine. Tinted with just a hint of yellow. I can't wait to try this out when it's cured a bit!

Thanks for looking! :D

I'm really impressed with all your soaps. I don't think you need to practice at swirling at all! I have been soaping for over a year now, and my swirls are still soooo novice. Your soaps really are lovely!

i think you did great. Now just wait until after a few more months of soaping..your going to be even better

All of these soaps are beautiful, you did a good job. I really love the cocoa mixed one. Oh shucks, I love it all.......LOL

Thank You!! I'm sure it's like any other craft where I will look back at these in a year and cringe, LOL! :D

Stunning first soaps! I can't even swirl, though that will change when I get the TOG mold I ordered!

I am very impressed and will look forward to hearing if the food coloring fades or causes colored lather. I really like all of your soaps and they cyber-smell delicious!

:D

Back