My First Soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexlane

Reaction score
So these are the first soaps I've ever made! kinda proud of them... even though they aren't perfect.

The green and black bars I'm calling 'Summer Breath'
-Scent: Lemon Grass, Lemon, and Melaleuca EO's
-36% Cocoa Butter
-20% Coconut Oil
-44% Olive Oil

-10% Super Fat
-25% Water Discount

Used Goats Milk at 50/50 to water, Apx. 1/2 c. Coarse Sea Salt mixed into badder, and Activated Charcoal in half badder.

The pink and Tan (Uncolored) Bars are 'Christmas at Grandma's'***
-Scent: Peppermint EO
-50% Coconut Oil
-50% EVOO

-Super Fat 20%***(https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/rebatching-overly-fatty-soap.77046/)
-25% Water Discount

Used Goats milk at 50/50 to water, Agave Syrup, 1 T. Sea Salt in lye water

First Thoughts:
Summer Breath smells like the heat of summer and is just as harsh on my skin! lol these have Saponified but are not ready for use on Human skin... perhaps Rhinoceros's? this mix did exactly what everyone said it would do, turn into a granite brick about an hour after pouring... this just so happened to be knowledge I had not yet found. when cutting the next day most of them crumbled to pieces, managed to save a few however they are a little worse for the wear. cant wait to try again in a a few months! updates to come...

Christmas at Grandma's is a problem child with a heart of gold! This was my first Bechamel (where my foodies at! lol) made it and even though it wasn't pretty I wanted it to be good. and. IT IS! this soap is supper fatty and has inspired a new soapsperament! they smell great, are SUPER moisturizing, and hands came away clean, not greasy! but very soft, may not last long in the shower test.

There you go. thank you if you got through all that and I am 100% open to feed back!
Happy Soaping!

Attachments

• _DSC7996.jpg
    _DSC7996.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 19
  • _DSC7997.jpg
    _DSC7997.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 19
  • _DSC8003.jpg
    _DSC8003.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 19
  • _DSC8008.jpg