my first soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlw

Reaction score
Well, they're not my very first soaps ... I did make a batch of olive oil soap that turned out to be nice soap but looks ugly. These bars are what I made after that first one.

The brown soap is beer soap colored with cocoa, and it smells cocoa-y, also. The suds look like chocolate milk, which I don't mind but I don't know how other people would feel about that. The pinkish soap is 100% olive oil with tea tree oil in it, colored with paprika. It looks like it has pureed strawberry in it. The other one is just a test-sized salt bar that is colored with parlsey, and it looks greener in person than in the picture. I made a few with coarse sea salt and a few with fine sea salt so that I can see which texture I prefer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65693895@N ... otostream/

And this is the goat milk soap I made with lavender essential oil.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65693895@N ... otostream/

They're not perfect and not all that exciting, but I like them. :O) I feel like my soaps are coming out fairly decently so far. It's a variety of different soaps, which has allowed me to see how these different soaps do. I could use some better molds, though, to make them look more polished.

I really like them. They are very natural looking and the shapes are not the standard bars that you usually see. So I say GREAT JOB!

jlw said:
They're not perfect and not all that exciting, but I like them. :O) I feel like my soaps are coming out fairly decently so far. It's a variety of different soaps, which has allowed me to see how these different soaps do. I could use some better molds, though, to make them look more polished.

Of course they're exciting. You made them! You don't think they're perfect? Well, that just inspires you to keep tweeking and developing. :D

I think they look great!

I love the pink bar, I bet it smells wonderful and will feel great after a long cure!

Everyone's soap is special....I love looking at pics....Yours look great! :)

Those are pretty! Great job! It is always fun to look at your soaps and think...I made that! YEAH!!!

Nicely done. I especially like the pink one! Guess what I will have to try soon?

Latest posts

Back