My First Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy

Reaction score
Here are the photos. The loaf is twice the height of the cut bars. I whipped up a little over 2 pounds of goats milk melt and pour and over filled the loaf mold. Then I remelted and whipped the leftover and poured the rest into another loaf mold which is the one i sliced up 1 inch thick. The 1.25 looked a little funny because the loaf was only half full.

I added too much fo. So as a first timer whipper. Using the correct amount of oil doesn't smell like anything really. UNTIL..... it sets. This was my mistake. I added more to the point of me being able to smell it as it was whipped.

I am interested in seeing how long a whip bar will last. I left the soap in the loaf in the open air for over 24 hours. Now I sliced one loaf and will let those bars sit for another 24 hours before wrapping up. I want to see if they will stiffen a bit more.

Ah. The joys of learning!!!!

Rose Loaf (3).jpg

Rose Loaf (5).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooooo....... Yes, you can whip MP. I have been looking at cold process soap and thought. Well.... I might as well give it a try. It's very fast, and you have to pour just as you finish whipping or it's a gross mess. It took me about three or four tries to get the look I wanted.

Rose soap makes me think of romance. So I thought whipped soap would be nice. It is very light to weight and it dissolves very fast for use. I wouldn't sell these since they disappear so fast from normal use. But they make great gifts and people have said they loved them!

GET in the kitchen and whip up some soap!!!! Share your photos and stories.... It's a fun mess.

Latest posts

Back