My First Soap, what do you see?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Booker

Reaction score
So this is my first CP soap I've ever made. I got a kit from Brambleberry. I think it looks really nice for my first try, but I'm no expert. I'd like to know if there is anything I'm missing. I see ash and partial gel phase (I think). I hope the photos are ok, the lighting is not the best. Thanks for your time!
IMG_1789.JPG IMG_1785.JPG IMG_1792.JPG

Gorgeous soap. A creamy neutral color is always very elegant. It owns the space against that wood. Also the cuts look very even. Congratulations.

I see wonderful soap!! You shoulda seen my first, okay 10, batches! It's partially gelled but you can tell folks that you totally designed that circle in the middle.

Did you want to gell? It's a personal choice. I gel because I think the colors are more vibrant. I cover my loaf with cardboard and then a pile of towels. In the winter, I frequently will put a heating pad underneath first.

Beautiful! Congratulations on a lovely first batch! My first batch had that ring, too, even though I popped it in the freezer to avoid gelling but it was only superficial. Can’t wait to see what else you create. 🌸

Thanks for all the words of encouragement!

@Zing It was not my intention to gel the soap. I came very close to not even putting in the fragrance oil!

@Cindy D. I plan on using the leftover oils from my kit, just making simple soaps until I am ready to branch out with color and designs.

I'm sure I'll be back here plenty with more questions!

I made my first soap with their kit and can say that it turned out just like it was supposed to. I did cover and wrap my soap like I had seen in some videos so I get a better 'gel' but it all works out in the wash.

Well done and congratuations!

So this is my first CP soap I've ever made. I got a kit from Brambleberry. I think it looks really nice for my first try, but I'm no expert. I'd like to know if there is anything I'm missing. I see ash and partial gel phase (I think). I hope the photos are ok, the lighting is not the best. Thanks for your time!
View attachment 70297 View attachment 70298 View attachment 70299
Nice 😍!
For me I used only 100 g coconut oil to test the water.
I liked the out come so much so that I did my second batch the very next day with 100g coconut oil and 50g olive oil.
The reason I used coconut oil, was that when I did my research on soap making, coconut oil was known to have high lathering and have a fast trace.
Using olive oil was not in my mind since it needs more time to trace and much more time to cure.

I use soapee. com calculator, it is beginner friendly and very easy to use, it also have the lye percentage modification which is perfect for me since I use NAOH lye with 99.5% purity.

I attached my coconut +olive oil soap 😁

Attachments

• 16731895361174724566070641252724.jpg
    16731895361174724566070641252724.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 16731895564581410464858526567591.jpg
    16731895564581410464858526567591.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back