Quantcast

My first soap in 10 years!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feels amazing, doesn't it? Like you, it's been at least 10 years since I last made soap. I made one batch mid-August and have made another 11 batches since. Yes, that's 12 batches in three weeks.

Now, I'm branching out, back to my roots, and making some face cream. I used to make it all the time but haven't since we moved into smaller quarters without a dishwasher.

I'm sure that you, like me, will become obsessed very quickly. (BTW, out of those 12 batches, only 4 have added scent and colour because I'm not big on scented soaps.)

jesslla

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm very limited in funds right now. So I'll probably be making a batch a MONTH, which sucks, but slow and steady, right? ;)

I'm thinking of asking for fats for Christmas gifts. Hee!

I also want to get into face creams, lip balms, and lotions. Eventually, several years from now when I have good recipes and liability insurance, I'll start selling my wares. Until then, I'll just wash my hands a lot. :D

Jstar

Reaction score
Welcome back! Soap on!

:)

jules92207

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Welcome back! I'm often broke so I understand limited batches but every little bit is heaven, right?! They look beautiful and creamy!

jesslla

Reaction score
I think I'm in love.

I unmolded my soap this morning. It took some work, because I didn't line my molds, but I got the soap out without breaking either it or the mold.

It passed the zap test, and I cut off a small bar and used it. It produced a nice thick lather, rinsed clean, and I didn't even need lotion after! (I'm always using lotion after I wash my hands). I DID THIS, Y'ALL!

Now to cut the bars and let it really cure.