My first sea salt CP recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My pink salt is medium grind and its a bit scratchy, I won't use it again unless I grind it first. You can buy fine black salt online, I saved my medium black for the tops of loaves.
To do swirls, scent the whole batch then separate before adding the salt. You might want to keep your salt around 50% so it doesn't thicken as quick and soap cool.

That's actually good to know lol...I bought a salt bar from another company (handcrafted) and when I use it, it scratches up my skin really bad... I can only wipe in on now after lathering it up. I made some myself and it was smooth with no scratchiness. I thought I did something wrong lol

Another reason not to use rock salt for your bars. :p

My pink salt is medium grind and its a bit scratchy, I won't use it again unless I grind it first. You can buy fine black salt online, I saved my medium black for the tops of loaves.
To do swirls, scent the whole batch then separate before adding the salt. You might want to keep your salt around 50% so it doesn't thicken as quick and soap cool.

So split,salt each half, swirl?
Ty !

When I posted this it was still .10 per lb, it has gone up, but is still cheap. Winco Foods in the bulk section

Thanks again! Really appreciate your info!

By the way, I like your website and a packaging! Looks like a products for active people!
Do you surf?

Last edited:
Back