My First Renaissance Fair - Pic Heavy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandolyn

Reaction score
It was a success!! Woohoo! I sold about 10 times my table fee. I sold out of some of the soaps & all the Dragon Balm. I didn't get to see much, because I was so busy, but I could hear the sword fights & the music!

Here are some pics:
[/url]

Baskets of Soap

More Soap

Cash Box & Cauldron

Dragon Balm

Wooden Leaf Bowls

Massage Oils

Top Row Perfumes, Bottom Row Perfumed Oils

Queen's Rose

x

:D good for you!! :D

aren't all the costumes and characters fun? i haven't been to one for years, but one thing i noticed was that the buyers were much more "into" handcrafter items, rather than mass produced and "mainstream" (god, i hate that word!)

glad you did so well-woohoo for you!!! :D

Wow, you did very well. I absolutely love the way you have set up the tent! And your presentation is very inviting! Congrats!

Re: x

heartsong said:
:D good for you!! :D

aren't all the costumes and characters fun? i haven't been to one for years, but one thing i noticed was that the buyers were much more "into" handcrafter items, rather than mass produced and "mainstream" (god, i hate that word!)

glad you did so well-woohoo for you!!! :D

Thanks! Yes, I love dressing up, & the Queen's costume was stunning!!

Yes, the contract is very specific about the crafts being correct for the time period, so no "made in China" or elsewhere stuff - handcrafted only. You can really find some wonderful handcrafted items, too!

Congrats!

I love your packaging- the little roses are such a nice touch.

Your labels look great! So- hard to read the label on your photo-
Is your Dragon Balm- a body butter? very clever!

I like the way your booth looks from afar, and the product displays are really high quality. So glad you had a successful day! I've never been to one of those, but have always wanted to go... just as a participant!

Nice job and congrats!

x

:shock: i don't know what's wrong with my net, but when i read your post it only showed me your first pic-and when i went back it had a bunch more! did you just add them?

:shock: the labeling and packaging is REALLY great! and soooo in step with the renaissance theme!

:D you did GREAT, girl! i'd open my purse and spend some of the Queen's gold sovereigns there!

:shock:
Mandolyn, your table and products look great!! Congrats on your successful day! Tell us more about that balm...

I second and third everthing said before me, especially the comments about the beautiful labels! :)

Jude

You did an outstanding job of fitting into the time period! Did you speak in dialect?

We are gong to Scarborough Faire this Sunday, as a visitor, not a vendor.

Beautiful display Mandolyn - LOVE your products!!!! Yay for you!!!

(Note to Bombus - if you click on a photo it will bring up a page with a larger pic so you can see it better :wink: )

Tanya :)

Yay Mandolyn.
Your soap, and all of your display looks fantastic. I would definitely be drawn to it.
You know what I have been thinking, with all you girls having such success selling your soap....the world is a better place because more people out there are using hand made soap. Handmade soap = nicer skin = happier people = better world :lol: (6 degrees of separation and all that!!)

Mandolyn you did such a great job. I just love the Renaissance Fair although I haven't been in years.

I would have definately made a stop at your booth!

Way to go Mandolyn , everything looks fabulous . It is just great that you had such a successful day ..

Kitn

Thanks to you all!!! You're so generous with your praises!!

If any of you have followed some of my older posts, you know doing a Renaissance fair was on my dream list. I felt really honored being there, because it's hosted by the SCA & they're pretty picky about what vendors get in. They want all the vendors to adhere to the Renaissance or Middle Ages theme - your products, setup & garb, everything.

Disguising the pop-up was a LOT of work, but it'll be easier the next time, since all the panels are now sewn together, etc. I'll add some more fabric to the panels, they were a tad too short in width. I'm going to work on a proper sign as well.

If anyone needs to know anything about disguising the tent & what I used, ask away.

The Dragon Balm is just a salve with an infused oil base, thickened with Bee's Wax, & it has some Tea Tree EO. I sold out of it & the Dragon Dance soap which is scented with Dragon's Blood FO. I sold almost all of the Queen's Rose soap as well.

No, I didn't speak in dialect. That was more than I knew, but I may have to practice that. There were 3 women roaming around who were dressed like hags. They were speaking in dialect, & they were just hilarious!! They stopped by my tent a couple times. One smelled a bar of soap & said, "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! But, it's not June yet!" Then, they bantered among themselves about smelling like goats, etc. :lol:

Re: x

heartsong said:
:shock: i don't know what's wrong with my net, but when i read your post it only showed me your first pic-and when i went back it had a bunch more! did you just add them?

:shock: the labeling and packaging is REALLY great! and soooo in step with the renaissance theme!

:D you did GREAT, girl! i'd open my purse and spend some of the Queen's gold sovereigns there!

:lol: I was adding more pics. The first one was a test to make sure they were showing up.

mandolyn said:
Thanks to you all!!! You're so generous with your praises!!

If any of you have followed some of my older posts, you know doing a Renaissance fair was on my dream list. I felt really honored being there, because it's hosted by the SCA & they're pretty picky about what vendors get in. They want all the vendors to adhere to the Renaissance or Middle Ages theme - your products, setup & garb, everything.

Disguising the pop-up was a LOT of work, but it'll be easier the next time, since all the panels are now sewn together, etc. I'll add some more fabric to the panels, they were a tad too short in width. I'm going to work on a proper sign as well.

If anyone needs to know anything about disguising the tent & what I used, ask away.

The Dragon Balm is just a salve with an infused oil base, thickened with Bee's Wax, & it has some Tea Tree EO. I sold out of it & the Dragon Dance soap which is scented with Dragon's Blood FO. I sold almost all of the Queen's Rose soap as well.

No, I didn't speak in dialect. That was more than I knew, but I may have to practice that. There were 3 women roaming around who were dressed like hags. They were speaking in dialect, & they were just hilarious!! They stopped by my tent a couple times. One smelled a bar of soap & said, "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! But, it's not June yet!" Then, they bantered among themselves about smelling like goats, etc. :lol:

I love the Ren Fair, but I'm terrified I'm going to be pulled on stage and incorporated into some medieval Puke & Snot sketch...lol. They got me once. :lol:

Latest posts

Back