My First Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to start cheap and simple. I can purchase Olive Oil and Goats Milk for very cheap. I have Tea Tree Oil already - keep it on hand always.

I assume this mix would be very conditioning, little cleansing, and antiseptic?

Any ideas on how, or if, I should go about this mix? Half water/Half GM? And how much TTO should I use? I can use soapcalc for measures on lye and water, correct?

I'll be buying the tools tomorrow, hopefully will have the soap made soon thereafter.

Preference on heat source? I have seen double boilers, stock pots, and crock pots - any pros/cons or "definitely use that" votes?

Sorry for all the questions - but I'm a little anxious to get my first trial underway - I want my own soap!

Oh yeah! $10.88 at Wally World! That'll be the first thing I get. I have carpal tunnel syndrome/tendonitis, so hand stirring is SO out of the question!

If you guys ever get down my way, stop by and I'll give you the $.05 tour and might throw in a soap making session. All I have ever made was goat milk soaps. I have several unique ways I make soap. I'd be happy to send you home with a sample or two and even my simple "Wal-Mart" recipe. I have t posted here, too. I buy lye or rather sodium hydroxide by the 50 pound bags, usually 3 or 4 at a time, so I always have plenty around.

Paul :wink:

Back