My First Rebatch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeosoulSister

Reaction score
I rebatched some goat's milk soap in the oven. Took about two hours on low. Scented it with lemon grass and lavender, but did not use enough so it's not very highly scented.

I was little put off my the color. Looks like peanut butter or....well you know.

The loaf - I used a regular box lined with freezer paper

loaf-1.jpg

The cut slices
cutsoap-1.jpg

Next time I am going to use the right amount of scent (I was so nervous about it solidifying on me) and I am also going to some colors to darken the soap and make some sort of color. I just don't know what type of colors to use when your base color is brown., :D

You just gave me the best idea. I have some brown sugar and spice FO that I can use to scent the next batch! Maybe some mica for a swirl...hmmm, maybe I won't up on rebatch so soon...thanks laurie!!

That looks awesome neo! What method did you use? I use the oven method when making rebatch because it comes out like mushed potatoes! LOL Remember whatever oils you use may darken the soap like pink sugar! Made mine super dark brown! Great job keep at it!

pepperi27 said:
That looks awesome neo! What method did you use? I use the oven method when making rebatch because it comes out like mushed potatoes! LOL Remember whatever oils you use may darken the soap like pink sugar! Made mine super dark brown! Great job keep at it!

Thank you all for the nice comments - at first I was disappointed, but now that the soap is drying, I really like the look and feel of the bars.

Pepperi - you were the one who inspired me to do it in the first place, seriously.

I used the oven rebatch method, added 1/4 cup milk to 2 lbs of shredded soap and cooked it @150 for two hours. It looked like softened vaseline.

Added the EO and whipped it a bit with my electric mixer, then quick plopped it into the box. It was a 1-800 contacts bo.

Next time I'll do 3 lbs. to make the soaps "taller", mix in coffee grounds and scent it fresh coffee.

Awww you are so sweet! It really does look great no pockets or anything! I need a sample now cause it really looks like fudge.

Back