My first (proper) mould

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernard

Reaction score
Afterwasting money on plastic moulds that break, warp and are difficult to unmould, I made this:

1439565906948.jpg

1439565947642.jpg

Shunt2011 - that is why I havent tested it yet(tho I'm dying to), I am waiting for my mylar as my wax paper is too thin and keeps tearing.

Shunt2011 - that is why I havent tested it yet(tho I'm dying to), I am waiting for my mylar as my wax paper is too thin and keeps tearing.

You should use freezer paper, not wax paper. The heat from the soap reaction melts wax paper. It is found in the same place as wax paper and aluminum foil.

Yes, don't use wax paper. I've heard nightmares about getting it off the soap. Mylar is good. As are flexible cutting boards. Freezer paper as well if you are able to get that.

Very nice! I love the fact that when you build your own mold, you can make it exactly to your specifications. Make lots of lovely soap!

Back