my first massage lotion :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Freemason, Maker, Father, Mover & Shaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made it this morning :)

75% H20
13% oils (5% swt. almond, 3% avocado, 2% aloe butter, 3% golden jojoba)
4% stearic acid
5% E wax
3% EO (peppermint!!)

I actually created this recipe myself with MUCH help from digit (thank you!)

came out reallll nice!!! still cooling down..

so, what are your opinions on this recipe?? and do you think it can be improved at all?

I havent added a preservative yet, just because i dont have one yet so im keeping it stored in the fridge...

what preservative would work best with a formulation like this ?? (or is that up to personal preference ie... i want to use plant derived or non synthetic ones)

thanks!

Just my opinion but if you are going to use it as a massage lotion then swap out the Stearic with Cetyl Alcohol or Esters as a thickener (my fav is behenyl alcohol). Stearic will have more of a grab then a slip...You have just embarked on a journey that is never ending! I have to stop myself from tweaking!!!

Thanks for that tip, Garland68!! Filed it away in my notes too. :D

Yeah.......I think he was hooked long before he ever made a batch. :lol:

Digit

I appreciate your advice!! I would like to stay away from ucing silicones though until i learn more about them... i want to make very natural non-synthetic lotions (just like im doing with my soaps) :)

None of the things I listed are silicones. They are concidered natural products.

Back