My first GM soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
Ok so I couldn't wait until tomorrow but I only cut one tiny bit off.

This is a GM soap unscented. It's a basic recipe that should be pretty hard, yet conditioning, bubbly and creamy. We'll see how that all works out.

I do need to learn how to not get a bunch of little bubbles. Maybe SB in shorter bursts?

I'm not a photo ace like you guys and honestly, I just don't have time today but here you are:

IMG_3021.jpg

The one slice I did cut:

IMG_3022.jpg

And my ham:

IMG_3025.jpg

Thanks! You won't believe what I did. I put canola instead of castor. poo. Will still be nice but not exactly the numbers I was looking for. I'll have to compare when I make it with castor.

yeah it surprises me because when i washed my hands cause i had a little of that soap on my hands, it was bubbly. We'll see! Could have been worse! lol

It looks great , your little ham is beautiful , her hair is gorgeous , the color rocks.

Kitn

x

lovely child!

her smile is reflected in her eyes. she looks like a very happy soul! oh, and all that beautiful red hair! :D

hey, the soap looks great, too! :shock:

I think i'll wait until tomorrow afternoon to cut it and see the color then. It does look good enough to eat though (well I think so).

And yay for red heads!! Mine has the attitude to boot (at times)!

Rosey said:
And yay for red heads!! Mine has the attitude to boot (at times)!

Read an article years ago that people with red hair might be closer related to Neanderthales (some scientist think Neanderthales and modern humans have been mixing at a ertain point), and might actually have the fierce additute to match :p

I've seen evidence of that in my gorgeous red head baby sister; she already was a real hooligan as a baby :lol: She used to play with bricks before she could actually walk and was always in trouble in some way :D

That soap looks lovely and creamy.
How much canola did you use instead of castor?
If you were only using a little (say 5%) you should be ok. You might end up with a little higher superfat, because canola has a lower SAP to castor.

10% I noticed when I put the "castor" that it was actually canola. duh!

soap looks wonderful. your daughter is beautiful! i had a cute little red head too....then she grew up and decided to dye her hair black...... :shock: what can i say, it's only dye, right?

Absolutely beautiful!!!! And the soap is great too!! :lol: I've got 2 blondies but with their attitude..it sounds like they should've been redheads!!! :lol: Kids are great!! ♥

i love redheads, Iam one and have two daughters that are, and now a grandson that is! yeah! The one with dk red haie has never colorered it, that str blonde one has been every color under the sun, and always goes back to natural.
Nice soap.

Back