My first ever batch of soap!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KattChaos

Reaction score
* Goat Milk Base
* Walnut Shell Powder
* Kaolin Clay
* Baby Powder FO
* Yellow Pigment

They came out so adorable. I washed my face with one last night and this morning when I got up my face still felt so clean. I'm so exited!!

Does anyone know if any websites where I can get more Add-In's, Colors & Scents for a good price? IMG_20171231_190050873.jpg

Way to go, KattChaos - those look great! Love your ambition with additives.

We'll be more effective recommending suppliers if we know roughly where you live. What region are you from?

Way to go, KattChaos - those look great! Love your ambition with additives.

We'll be more effective recommending suppliers if we know roughly where you live. What region are you from?
East United States... Mississippi!

Very pretty soap! Congratulations! A couple of the suppliers that I use (Michigan) Wholesale Supplies Plus, Natures Garden. They both have colorants, FO's and additives.

Thank you bunches, guys! I think I'm gonna stick with making Mini soaps. They are so cute and I can make all sorts of different ones.

I love additives. I didn't realize it until I made those soaps though. Lol

Cuuuute!

I definitely recommend Nurture for micas, they test their micas in cold process to ensure you get a good picture of what to expect. For FOs, Nurture, WSP and Brambleberry are all good choices. Just make sure to read reviews from lye-based soapmakers to ensure the FO will cooperate and stick well.

As for additives - it depends on what you're looking for. There are many you can simply get at the grocery store. Things like aloe juice, milks, sugar/honey, sea salt, etc. For more specialized ingredients like calendula petals or clays, I buy mine from WSP.

Love Love Love it! I love working with the clay's and natural scrubbies!

Cuuuute!

I definitely recommend Nurture for micas, they test their micas in cold process to ensure you get a good picture of what to expect. For FOs, Nurture, WSP and Brambleberry are all good choices. Just make sure to read reviews from lye-based soapmakers to ensure the FO will cooperate and stick well.

As for additives - it depends on what you're looking for. There are many you can simply get at the grocery store. Things like aloe juice, milks, sugar/honey, sea salt, etc. For more specialized ingredients like calendula petals or clays, I buy mine from WSP.

They are doing MP....at least that's what I'm assuming since it's in the MP forum.... FO's won't be a problem like in CP. :)

Back