My first DOS

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
I was digging through my soap boxes for something to give out as birthday gifts when I ran into this little monstrosity.
DOS.jpg

This is only one side of it. The whole top side is orange and oozing liquids out. It smelled fine, just like a castile soap should.
I had my very first batch of soap turned slightly yellow on the top but this is the first batch that had gone so horribly. The first batch did not ooze at all.
It was made in early Feb this year where I wanted to used up all my pomace OO and switch to EV and PU instead. It was the second bottle I purchased from the brand and it always had an odd green color, but the batches made from the first bottle turned out just fine. I don't remember the expiration date for it but I figured it probably sat on my shelf for too long. It started with a barelu-there green and turned into off white during curing. It was already oozing a bit at 1 month check but I mistook it from another soap by the time.
Is it normal to have liquid oozing out from DOS spots?

Yep, dossy soap can get oozy and oily. For what its worth, I have the most trouble with castile
One batch started going off at two weeks.

I had decided not to use any green oils after reading that the chlorophyll reacts to light and causes rancidity. That's why green olive oils are in dark bottles.

Back