My First CP Soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllieMae

Reaction score
My first batch of cold process soap was finally *almost* firm enough to unmold! Split the batch into 4 little molds to play with colours. Two molds barely released from the mold after over a week, the other two didn’t fully gel properly. But all in, not bad for a first attempt. The most important to me is that they smell amazing and clean fantastically.

I also REALLY need to iron my backdrop haha!

Attachments

• EDC83220-43C4-42CC-AA7B-9A6D7B7C62BD.jpeg
    EDC83220-43C4-42CC-AA7B-9A6D7B7C62BD.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 73
Cute! I love those colors.. They picture well together too. I like it :)

And kudos on trying splitting batter plus different colors plus pencil lines plus layers on your first batch. Very brave. Braver than me lol

My first batch of cold process soap was finally *almost* firm enough to unmold! Split the batch into 4 little molds to play with colours. Two molds barely released from the mold after over a week, the other two didn’t fully gel properly. But all in, not bad for a first attempt. The most important to me is that they smell amazing and clean fantastically.

I also REALLY need to iron my backdrop haha!

Is is wrong to want to taste them? They look good enough to eat!

Your soaps look great and your colors look delicious. Congratulations on your first soap. I wish my first soap looked so good. After all that please take one recommendation. Do not use large grain salt even for decoration. If you or someone else forgets to take it off you can get a very ugly laceration. Yes, I know I have even seen it done on Brambleberry and other supplier sites.

Latest posts

Back