My first CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niclycha

Reaction score
I posted this in the newbie section and was asked to post in the photo gallery, sry I didn't realize I should have posted here
In from Louisiana so I was going for LSU purple and yellow, my purple turned out pink in the beginning but I think it's going to actually be purple yay, I used a beginner recipe I found on Nature's Garden website
I used Bonfire Bliss from Rustic Escentuals. Smells amazing, but it set REALLY fast. I need much more practice.
I watched tons of videos on swirling techniques so I made some dividers and tried the Taiwan Swirl with my THICK batter lol
Here are a few pics of my FIRST CP PROJECT lol

1458115333240.jpg

1458115347524.jpg

1458115359893.jpg

Thanks SuzieOz. I sure will. I can't wait. Lol I keep peeking, to see if it's changing colors.

Great job. That is REALLY ambitious for your 1st try.

Also - do some research on the correct way to cut a Taiwan swirl. You do not cut the loaf like bread. You have to cut horizontally to see the pattern.

I did kchay but I'm glad you reminded me I had totally forgot

Turning more purple. ..lol. I was actually liking the pink
Can't wait to get off of work tonight to cut it :)

1458162412215.jpg

1458162424775.jpg

Thanks for all your kind words. Hoping it comes out pretty after I cut it
Does anyone know of a good beginner SLOW moving recipe lol. I want to be able to color and POUR my batter

Thanks obsidian. I am still new and don't know percentages yet would I just plug these into soap calc? And get the ounces / grams?

OK thanks. I'll have to read up on it, that was my first time making cp so I used the recipe that gave me the Oz and grams lol. To make a 3 lb batch. I'm still learning so I don't know % of oils and that stuff yet. But thanks anyway. I'll try to figure it out.

I unmolded last night and it was really soft so I put it back in. I'll wait until tonight, do you think that's OK to leave for 2 days in the mold?

This is what the bottom looks like. I think I should be able to cut tonight

OK I just cut them, I couldn't cut it the Taiwan Swirl cut, it was still really soft. Soooo they not too pretty but they are soap lol and they smell amazing.

1458250978785.jpg

1458287733013.jpg

Lovely colours, well done! :)

I have read that it helps to leave a Taiwan swirl for 1-2 weeks before cutting. I have done this and had great results.

So ... what's next ... ;)

Oh suzieoz thanks. I did a melt and pour quickly last night and sold all but 5 bars at work today. The only reason I didn't sell then was because I didn't bring then with me lol I'll probably do a couple more mp while I'm thinking of what to do next, I've watched so many videos and after EVERY ONE I say THAT'S THE ONE in going to try next, lol you should see my SOAP TO TRY TO MAKE Playlist lol. Actually you should see my PLAYLISTS. SOOOO MANY

Ohhhh me too!! To do lists everywhere - recipe lists - swirls/techniques to try lists - fragrance blends lists .......

Well, it'll be a fun life! ;)

Back