My first CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theath2010

Reaction score
This is my very first CP soap. It is a simple coconut, palm, and olive oil bar. This was so much fun to make I can't wait to start experimenting with color and scents.

b64feb92adcfee511976e01001987655_zps70ffe727.jpg

Hey, nice bars. I take it from the photo setting and shape of the bars that you've done this before, just not CP. :)

Lovely! Your soap looks gorgeous. Can't believe it's your first. My was a plain Jane Castile that the jury is still out on. Can't wait to see more from you!

Recipe

For this bar I used 16oz. Coconut oil, 21oz. Olive oil, and 14oz. Palm oil. I used BB lye calculator for 7.06 oz lye to 16.83oz. Distilled water. I cooled/heated my oil and lye mixtures to about 90 degrees the used the stick blender to stir. I went to what I believe to be a very light trace, my "drips" or lines were barely noticeable but there. After I poured this into my 5lb. mold I wrapped it for 24 hours with a bath towel.

I must say I am all about DIY things and I made my wooden molds myself from Lowe's project idea. I was able to make 2 5lb molds for 6$. Lowes even cut the wood for me and all I had to do was assemble it with screws. Very easy and a huge money saver.

Latest posts

Back