My first beer soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scentapy

Reaction score
I have been wanting to try making a beer soap but was nervous about getting the beer flat enough. I finally gave it a try Friday night :D
I did have a small volcano when I added the lye :oops: and there was quite a nasty stink (like cat urine *gross*) but it came out nice. It was much creamier than most of my HP soaps!!

I also tried a soap w/ pureed strawberries! I scented it in Rose FO and added some fresh rose to the top.

I am hoping my third soap will harden up. I ran out of coconut oil and only had enough palm oil for 15% ...so my soap was only Palm @ 15%, Olive Oil, Soybean and Cottonseed (a shortening blend). It was the last of one of my favorite scents so I REALLY hope it hardens or I will have to rebatch it for solid sugar scrubs.
Seaweed soap wrapped in seaweed:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My husband thinks I have gone crazy. :lol:
He was pouring a glass of Red Ruby Grapefruit juice and I said "hey... what ingredients are in that..." and his reply "keep your hands off, you already stole one of my beers!"
:lol: :lol:

Oh wow! They all look gorgeous!! I have also been wanting to try beer in a soap...did you add any EO's or FO's to it? If not, how does it smell now? It looks great, I love the colour.

Just a quick (silly) question for you...how did you get the beer flat? Do you add sugar or anything to it?

cinta said:
Oh wow! They all look gorgeous!! I have also been wanting to try beer in a soap...did you add any EO's or FO's to it? If not, how does it smell now? It looks great, I love the colour.

Just a quick (silly) question for you...how did you get the beer flat? Do you add sugar or anything to it?

I put the beer in a glass container (old spaghetti sauce jar) and let it sit with no lid on. Every hour or so I put the lid on and shook it up & then took the lid off to let it sit again. The beer wasn't totally flat because I did get a small volcano.. but I use a tall plastic pitcher so it didn't come out - thank goodness because that would have been a mess!

Thank you both!

Your soaps look amazing! Congratulations!

I love that you used strawberry puree in your soap ... it sounds amazing!

Dragonkaz said:
Your soaps look amazing! Congratulations!

I love that you used strawberry puree in your soap ... it sounds amazing!

I learned that from this forum. I used one this morning that I made with pureed banana and it felt wonderful!

Araseth: Thank you.... I did have to use some red colorant though :cry: I added the strawberry to the melted oils (before adding my water / lye) and the soap turned tan/brown and stayed that way in the gel phase so I added some red drops w/ my fragrance.

I left my beer in a glass overnight and then actually boiled it to remove any alcohol. I then froze it and added my lye to the beer cubes--overkill maybe, but it didn't volcano on me at all. It did smell really bad. My soap is now cured and it turned out to be a really nice soap. Your soaps look great!

falldowngobump said:
I left my beer in a glass overnight and then actually boiled it to remove any alcohol. I then froze it and added my lye to the beer cubes--overkill maybe, but it didn't volcano on me at all. It did smell really bad. My soap is now cured and it turned out to be a really nice soap. Your soaps look great!

OMG... didn't it smell awful?! It smells good now though! I used some honey in the soap and scented it with Almond FO.

I can honestly say it smelled worse than anything else I've made soap with (so far). I scented mine with almond and orange. Wait till you wash with it, I was very suprised what a good soap it made!!

and there was quite a nasty stink (like cat urine *gross*)

Mmmm, just makes me want to whip out my bottle of guinness and make a batch right now (on an empty stomach). :lol:

Your soap all looks beautiful lovey. :wink:

Latest posts

Back