My first batch of CP soap (with embeds) !

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessjess

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just made my first batch of CP soap last Saturday night and I am here to share my recipe and photos. It is so exciting and I am already excited to do my next one.

For this batch I used a basic recipe from BrambleBerry ..
16 oz Coconut Oil
16 oz Palm Oil
16 oz Olive Oil
2 oz Castor Oil
14 oz Water
7.4 oz Lye
and added pink soap colorant, orange LabColor and bubblegum fragrance oil

The piping was almost an after thought since I only have tips and ziploc bags... but I was too tempted not to try it!

Let me know what you guys think.. and thank you so much for checking this out.:wave:

first batch in mold.jpg

first batch cut 1.jpg

first batch cut 2.jpg

You overachiever, you!

That is some seriously lovely soap. Can't believe it's your first batch. Mine was plain and kind of funny looking. I'd say you have a gift!

Ooh that is fun!
Those cute little curls on the bottom - if it's not rude to ask, how do you do that?

While I'm busy making one bad batch after another, people like you are doing stuff like this! Gives me hope. Beautiful work.

Ooh that is fun!
Those cute little curls on the bottom - if it's not rude to ask, how do you do that?

Not rude whatsoever! I took clear M & P soap, coloured it with orange labcolor, used my loaf mold and made a square brick. Then took a vegetable peeler to the side of the brick and it gives you long strips. From there you can easily roll it into curls. Very fun to do, especially if you love cutting soap!

While I was waiting for my oils to cool I placed them in the bottom of my loaf mold then poured my soap over top. My soap was too thick for this technique, as it would've had much fewer air pockets around the curls if I had poured it while it was much thinner.

Thank you for your kind words and question, I really do appreciate it!

While I'm busy making one bad batch after another, people like you are doing stuff like this! Gives me hope. Beautiful work.

Thank you so much! I'm glad I can be an inspiration. Another one of my hobbies is cake decorating ... so for me soap making was VERY appealing. Cake decorating with a much longer shelf life, far less calories and more avenues for creativity. Keep trying and I'd love to see your work if you have any links for me!

Latest posts

Back