My first batch in years was a success! (So far anyways)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plantiest

Reaction score
This is my first batch in several years. Just like riding a bike! I'll watch its progress over the next couple of days, and of course have to wait for the real results until it has cured fully. The red embeds are just some wool roving I tucked into a few bars to see how it behaved.
IMG_1164.JPG

Welcome, plantiest. Your mold looks so nice for viewing your soaps as you make them and as they harden up. Is it hard to remove the soap from the acrylic?
I'll let you know how hard it is to remove tonight. This is my first batch in many years (I chose to wait for my kids to get older before I dove back in...very curious kids!) I don't remember it being a problem before though. If I can, I'll try to get pictures along the way, just for ease of reference.

ETA: Still too soft to unmold tonight. I'll post back when I do unmold it though.

Last edited:
Welcome, plantiest. Your mold looks so nice for viewing your soaps as you make them and as they harden up. Is it hard to remove the soap from the acrylic?

I took a couple pictures while I was unmolding this batch. I made this batch on the 4th and they unmolded tonight very nicely. Here are pictures of what the sides looked like after unmolding. It didn't chunk out at all.
IMG_1185.JPG IMG_1183.JPG

Back