My first attempt at hanger swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffynnon

Reaction score
Hi all, my 4th soap (and 4th recipe), first time attempt at hanger swirl and I am pleased with it! I tried not to be heavy-handed with the mica this time and used the coloured batter to do my top swirls instead of just mica in oil, I had some batter left of both colours so put it in a plastic container and just reversed the colours. The fragrance is Lavender Luxury from Nature's Garden. I covered with a lid but didn't insulate with towels etc.
lavender hanger swirl.jpg

Beautiful. It looks amazing, especially as it's only your 4th soap!

thanks. I poured a base layer of white, then some purple to one side of the mould alternating with white, I think there was only 2 layers of purple and then did 2 passes with the hanger first time to the bottom and only going as far as the centre point, the second pass was hanger in the same place but not as deep and again only drew the hanger as far as the centre point. the top was dotted with some purple and surface swirled with a skewer. The little square pieces were the purple that I had left over poured into a shallow plastic container and dotted with white that was left and again lightly surface swirled just enough to pull the colours into each other. That's the best that I can describe it, but should give you an idea. I somehow managed to get the effect I was after. Less is more and all that..

Latest posts

Back