My first attempt at CP... sort of long... sorry!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Robert , Looks to me like you got soap! Wow! You did great! The color is pretty too. We all have soap that is just for family. When I sold my bars I would have end pieces and soap that maybe didn't turn out the color I wanted or maybe the scent was off etc. I put them all in a box and sold them on e-bay. When you get to making soap all the time you never are without soap and it builds up fast. Give yourself a pat on the back! You did good! :) Judy

OOOOOOhhhhhhhh... thank you, Judy!! :D I am pleased with how this disaster appears to have turned out!! 8)

I can hardly wait until I can make my next batch!! I found out this afternoon that my fragrances were shipped today.... hurray!!! :D

Another bit of good news. This afternoon I had to go to town. While there, I stopped by a consignment type shop and guess what I found. A like new stick blender... for $3.50!! :D I'll keep my old one for a backup. But, with the new one I won't have to worry about the button sticking again... or at least I shouldn't!! 8)

Thank you again for the kind words!!

Robert

That was a great find Robert! I just bought a new one and it was almost twenty dollars. The cheaper ones I usually use they were out of. The net has tons of information on soap making and some really wonderful recipes that soap makers have graciously shared. Just make sure you always run your recipes through a lye calc before you make. Read as much as you can and don't be afraid to try new things. You will find what works best for you. Don't try to get to complicated right now. Use a recipe that is fairly simple and go from there. You have to crawl before you run so to speak.. Good Luck! :) Judy

WOW! They look great! Now it's time for a tongue test! Just touch the tip of your tongue real quick on the bar...no zap, no extra lye!

They look really nice and smooth! How did the scent hold up??

Thanks Lane!! I have to admit that I was a bit hesitant about sticking any part of my tongue to a bar of lye soap! But, I did it!! And NO zap!!!!! 8) 8)

As for the scent in the soap, it smells just like the cinnamon "Red Hots" candy that we used to eat as a kid! I am not all that big on cinnamon (the flavor or smell). But, my wife loves cinnamon. She says that bars smell good enough to eat! I recommended that she not do that!!! :lol: :lol:

The bars are extremely smooth. When I rub my finger across one, it feels a lot like a very, very firm clay. And, they seem to be hardening just great.

I really appreciate all of the input, kind words, encouragement, and hand holding from eveyone. You guys are the greatest!! 8) 8)

Robert

Congrats on your first batch. You never forget your first.

Love the color of your soap.

Also, cinnamon can be an irritant to the skin. Be careful when working with it as often times it is not B&B safe. And since you said it was a cinnamon flavor oil, I'd be wary whether it is ok for use on the skin.

Back