My first 2 swirled soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josianeg

Reaction score
The light one I meant to make a secret hanger swirl but it isn’t as pretty as I hoped because the recipe and soaping conditions I used accelerated trace and I didn’t have much time to work. I also meant it it be pinker, but I didn’t use enough rose clay (the top is a white and pink swirl and the body of the soap is pink... as you can see there barely is a difference between the pink and the white).

The dark one I used a (at least I think that’s what it’s called) dancing funnel pour. I only had funnel pitchers so it could have been way cleaner, but for a first time I’m pretty happy! The colors are all natural: dark grey/black = AC, navy blue = indigo (I used too much so there’s not much contrast between it and the AC), green = chlorella, yellow-orange = annato, pink-red = madder.

It was my first time using sodium lactate and forcing gel (using a heating pad). What a world of difference it makes! I was able to unmold and cut these CO soaps less than 24h after making them!
3C207FB1-4966-4523-A270-950971514036.jpeg
B6CDB3EB-98C5-47FB-A190-073C94226AB2.jpeg

Latest posts

Back