my first 100% olive soap...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunaSkye

Reaction score
Somewhere in this crazy world of ours! ^_^
I finally made a 100% olive soap utilizing OO pomace, half & half, and carrot puree. I just cut it a little earlier and it came out nicely. However, I found that bits of carrot was not purreed (I thought I pureed it perfectly) and I am at a loss as to what to do. I don't want to leave the soap as is, but I'm not sure if rebatching will help to remove the bits. Any ideas on how to rectify this problem or am I just out of luck?

If they are not too big, perhaps they are ok? I mean people have bits of stuff in their soap all the time: lavender, oats, flower petals, coffee...

Im scared of bits hanging about and becoming scratchy - thats why I strained my pureed carrots through a mesh bag and basically just used carrot juice. I dont think you can finely strain a re-batch soap, so Im not sure this is a "fixable" but more of a "wait and see" that turns out just fine or becomes one of those "learning experiences"

I would just leave as it is. It will be just fine. I made coconut-carrot soap last year and I loved it. I also strained pureed carrots through a cheese cloth.

Straining it did not occur to me and a few of the bits looked like finely grated carrot left over from an empty salad bag. -_- It's a shame since the soap feels good in it's 2nd day of existence.

Latest posts

Back