my favorite lotion receipes #2

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heart of dixie soap co

Reaction score
this is a creamier, thicker lotion-rich, but not greasy. as long as you stay within the framework of the receipe you'll have have great results.

for anyone wanting a thicker cream-style for putting in jars, add 16-24 grams of steric acid. try making a 1/4 batch using 4 grms. after it has set 24 hrs, if that is not enough, GENTLY re-heat til liquid then add more steric acid until you are satisfied with results.

makes approx 45 oz

60 grams of butter--i use shea, virgin coconut, mango and cocobutter
60 grms light oils-almond, jojoba, macadamia nut and evening primrose
50 grms emulsifying wax
2 tsp vit-e t-50
(add steric acid if you are making cream)

gently heat until melted

1100 grms of any non sticky liquid, herbal teas, aloe JUICE, etc
300 grms aloe GEL
1 tsp ascorbic acid
2 tsps allantoin--comfrey extract--liberty natural

gently heat and slowly pour oils into liquids. use a wire whisk and stir briskly without making foam. stir for a few minutes, go do something else, come back in about 10 minutes and stir some more , wander off, come back again until room temp. i usually use the extra time to start cleaning up my mess and start putting things away and prepping my bottles.

germaben II-e as recommended by manufacturer

color and fragrance.

get creative! try a little strained coconut milk or powdered goats milk, royal jelly and ginseng extract--liberty natural, green tea and grapeseed extracts, maybe dead sea brine water with kelp extracts.

give this a try and let me know how you made it yours.

enjoy!

monet

Can you explain the difference between ALOE JUICE and ALOE GEL ?
I thought that the gel basically turns to liquid when exposed to the air, is there a difference between the two? :shock:

Latest posts

Back