My family is getting tired of seeing my soaps on IG…

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @Guspuppy @Bubble Agent and @cmzaha

Yes on the Oregon Trails Peche de Vigne smelling nicely peachy. I bought that FO along with about ten others based on the recommendations in this thread: link

@cmzaha Thanks! I will make a note for the next time I order that FO. I don’t recall visiting that supplier’s website before. What other FOs do you like you from them?

Thank you @earlene, I learned something new today.

I went to their site, and they ship overseas, but they won`t disclose the shippingquote untill I actually place an order. Eeep, a bit too risky for me... But it sounds delishious though🤔

Yes, I understand that! I won't do business with a company that doesn't disclose shipment costs prior to purchase. Sad, but I refuse to take that risk of unexpected costs.

Yes, I understand that! I won't do business with a company that doesn't disclose shipment costs prior to purchase. Sad, but I refuse to take that risk of unexpected costs.

I know, and I am questioning if this is way to discourage international customers from ordering from them :smallshrug:

They also charge an extra $5 for for those who live outside the Americas. I shop at Nurture soap and The Flaming candle, and neither of them does this. I would be OK with it if Oregon T. were open about their shipping charge, I mean, others are able to? But I don`t think any fragrance oils is worth that type of risk. Some places I have never shopped from, because they charge $150 in shipping for an 1oz sample. Which tells me they don`t want my business either.

Hmmm, this Peche de Vigne fragrance has gotten me well intrigued now! I may email Carrie over at Nurture to hear if this is something she could think about adding to her selection. I know she test new fragrances a year before new ones is offered! I`ll better crack on so no more time is wasted, lol.
Almost all my CPSR approved soaps has her fragrance oils, and I love them all, stickers all of them. 3 are from Flaming candle, because Carrie doesn`t offer those types.

Yup, I think I am going to do that!

(Oh, Caaaarriiiie...🗣)

@cmzaha Thanks! I will make a note for the next time I order that FO. I don’t recall visiting that supplier’s website before. What other FOs do you like you from them?
[/QUOTE]
I Love her Caribbean Coconut although it is tricky to work with. It overheats badly. Soap extremely cool, chill your mold, and set on a rack with fans to slow down the heating issue. Also, use a lye concentration at least 35%. A smaller batch, under 5 lb might work best. But this Coconut is worth the trouble.
Almond Milk & Honey,
LiLac my customers loved it mixed with Lavender or straight. Will accelerate
White Ginger & Amber
Pink Sugar
Pumpkin Spice
Salty Sea Air
Mediterranean Olive
Oatmeal Milk and Honey
I loved Blue Bonnet but was not a good seller. It stuck well in soap. In fact I just found some that are at least 5 yrs old and still smell good.

The ones above are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. The Iced Orange Pineapple, Island Kiss, Fruitopia, Island Kiss, and the Mandarian all smell delicious but I did not find they hold a long time in soap, but are beautiful in lotions and balms.

I love purchasing from small suppliers and Paige is a sweetheart. She also has fast shipping and it is flat rate.

Just to get this thread back on track, here’s the problematic, not Peche de Vigne soap all cleaned up. I realized that I could plane off the chipping ungelled edges to get to the good stuff.

F6E62B8D-AAC6-4760-B650-395CE3A7697F.jpeg

Thanks @Guspuppy @Bubble Agent and @cmzaha

Yes on the Oregon Trails Peche de Vigne smelling nicely peachy. I bought that FO along with about ten others based on the recommendations in this thread: link

@Mobjack Bay ,how much Peche de Vigne did you use? I bought some based on the same recommendations, and the fragrance OOB is so weak I barely smell anything, let alone peaches. I haven't used it yet.

@Mobjack Bay ,how much Peche de Vigne did you use? I bought some based on the same recommendations, and the fragrance OOB is so weak I barely smell anything, let alone peaches. I haven't used it yet.
I like scents on the lighter side, but went with 5% based on a couple of comments about the fragrance being weaker. My two week old soap smells nicely peachy, like smelling a cut peach, with no floral notes. The other soap sniffer in my house just gave it a thumbs up on peachiness.

@Basil ❤️

Back